Eyes are most elegant sense organ, which gives you all light of the world. Proper eye care as part of your daily skin care routine is important to fight the signs of aging. At times you may take your eyes for granted, but you rely on them so much in everyday life. They are used to navigate the world around you, express your emotions and connect with other people. With all the other aspects of keeping your eyes fit and healthy, it’s all too easy to let your eyes go neglected. Therefore, eye care should also be a priority task in your daily health care routine.
Daily Eyes Care Routine
Everyone knows that to maintain a healthy body, it’s required to eat right diet and workout timely, visit the doctor consistently, and follow his instructions correctly. To maintain healthy eyes a lot of the same things apply. If you want your eyes to stay strong and healthy, then you need to take care of them on a daily basis. To ensure your eyes stay in tip-top condition, here is a list of eye care tips:
- Use Prescribed Sunglasses- Everyone in the family, including young kids should wear sunglasses with polarized lenses to protect your eyes from harmful UV rays all year long – even in the shade and during winter. Using glasses makes you take care of your eyes on your personal level to avoid symptoms of eye problems.
- Wear Safety Goggles– To avoid eye injuries from sports, yard work, home repair and working in high-risk situations can be avoided with eye protection using safety goggles.
- Be smart with digital screens– Between computers, smartphones, e-docs, tablets and TVs, your eyes are constantly exposed to screens. Combat Computer Vision Syndrome(CVS) and opt for better daily eye care by using anti-reflective lenses for your eyes. Taking breaks often from the screen/s is also recommended. This may help you to stay away from eye care medicine.
- Healthy Diet – Healthy Eyes- Personal eye care includes more than just eyes. Your daily diet should include many fruits and veggies, whole grains and lots of water to hydrate your body from the within. Along with healthy eyes, a healthy diet also provides you with a healthy body and a healthy mind.
- Hands off your eyes– One should not touch his/her eyes frequently to keep them protected against the bacteria and germs leading you to follow an eye infection treatment. Moreover, rubbing your eyes severely can irritate your eyes more or even break a blood vessel.
- Check Expiry Dates – All the eye care products have an expiry, so ensure to check the dates before you use them. Also, avoid redness-reducing drops as part of your daily routine if any, as these drops work by reducing blood flow of your cornea by shrinking your blood vessels. Additionally, it’s used for longer duration can actually cause more redness to your eyes as it gets used to them. Consult your eye doctor to know the best solution for itchy or red eyes issue and adhere to the eye care treatment.
- Take out your contacts– Even if your contact lenses are approved for overnight wear, it’s still best for your eye health to take them out before you go to bed. Sleeping without contact lenses makes your eye breathe and reduces the chances for germs to develop on your contacts.
- Remove Makeup – Eye makeup can clog the glands around your eyes and irritate your skin, and can leave you looking like a raccoon when you wake up! A better alternative is to take a few minutes to carefully remove your makeup before hitting the pillow.
- Quit Smoking – Itmakes you more likely to get cataracts, damage to your optic nerve, and macular degeneration. You should ask your doctor for help so that you can successfully leave the habit behind without much difficulty.
- Maintain a Healthy Weight – Being overweight or obese increases the risk of developing diabetes and other systemic conditions, that leads to vision loss, diabetic eye disease or even glaucoma. If you find maintaining a healthy weight is difficult then you should visit your doctor and discuss it with him to avoid any major health issue.
Routine eye tests are important at any age, regardless of your age or physical health. You should take proper steps to maintain a healthy lifestyle and protect your eyes from stress and injury. Also, there are a number of age-related eye problems that occur as you get older, so it is important to have a comprehensive eye test every year or two to live a happy life.
Latest posts by Max Jones (see all)
- Only 30% of Home Blood Pressure Monitors are Accurate - July 19, 2017
- Don’t Give Up, Encourage Your Children to Eat More Vegetables - July 14, 2017
- What is Alopecia Areata? Can this type of Hair Loss be treated? - July 10, 2017