Eating healthy food is the main key to lead a healthy life. Various options are available to choose the best healthy food items as per the individual’s choices and convenience.
Your food item list should be the perfect combination of nutrition properties in order to achieve the best out of food. The perfect combination of food should have a sufficient amount of vitamins, fiber, minerals, antioxidants, and other healthy nutrition properties.
Now the question arises which foods are healthiest? Remember one thing, no single food or superfood can offer all the health benefits that our body needs. Researches have shown that wise and balanced dietary patterns help in reducing the risk of heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, certain types of cancers and chronic diseases. There is a long list of foods that are not only healthy but are great in taste too. Make your plate colorful and versatile by filling it with vegetables, quality protein, wholegrain food, and fruits. Homemade healthy food is the smart way to add required proteins and minerals in your food list. Homemade healthy food is generally considered as a surprisingly delicious and hygienic food option.
Super Health Food List:
Keep on reading to know the best 30 Super Health Foods that are important for your overall health.
We are segregating here this list into 6 parts to make it easy for you to find out the required food items from a particular category.
1 – Fruits
Fruits provide vital nutrients that our body needs. Most of the fruits are naturally low in calories, fat, and sodium. None of the fruit contains any sort of cholesterol. Fruits are the sources of many essential nutrients such as potassium, vitamin C, dietary fiber, and folic acid. These sweet, nutritious foods are easy to incorporate into your daily diet as they required very little or no preparation.
The top fruits and berries are considered the world’s most popular health foods.
- Apples – Apples are the best source of fiber, antioxidants and vitamin C. Apples are the perfect snack option if you feel hungry between your meals.
- Bananas – This fruit is the best source of potassium, vitamin B6 and fiber.
- Avocados – Loaded with healthy fats, high in potassium, vitamin C and fiber.
- Blueberries – The powerful source of antioxidant properties.
- Strawberries – Loaded with fiber, vitamin C, fiber, and manganese. Low in calories and highly nutritious.
- Oranges – Full with vitamin C, fiber and antioxidant properties.
Other fruits and berries that are good for health include raspberries, cherries, melon, grapes, olives, peaches, pineapple, plums, and lemon.
2 – Vegetables
A wide variety is available to choose on in Vegetable option. Vegetables are easy to cook and amazing in taste are among the world’s most likable sources of nutrients.
- Carrots – Loaded with nutrients (i.e. Vitamin K and fiber) and high in carotene antioxidants
- Broccoli – Full of fiber, vitamin C and K
- Cucumber – A very refreshing vegetable consisting of lots of water, low in carbs and calories.
- Garlic – Amazing option with powerful biological effects that helps in improving immunity.
- Tomatoes – Full with the goodness of vitamin C and potassium.
- Onion – Enhances the taste of many recipes, having a number of bioactive compounds with superb health benefits
Other healthy food items in vegetables are cabbage, mushrooms, radish, kale, lettuce, mushrooms, and radishes.
3 – Non-Veg Food Items including Fish and Seafood
Meat and Seafood are popular worldwide for its immense benefits.
- Meats – Fresh and gently cooked meat is one of the best nutritious foods you can eat.
- Chicken Breasts – Low in fat and calories but loaded with protein and many nutrients.
- Lean Beef – The best source of protein and iron.
- Lamb- Meat of lambs are high in omega 3 fatty acids as they are usually grass-fed.
- Eggs – One of the best nutritious options on the planet.
- Salmon – High in nutrients, omega 3 fatty acids with vitamin D.
- Sardines – Small in size and one of the best option to eat natural oils
- Tuna – High in protein, but low in calories and fat.
4 – Nuts and Seeds
Nuts and Seeds are easy to carry, easy to eat and easy to store alternative to boost energy along with several health benefits. These are crunchy food loaded with important nutrients including vitamin E and magnesium.
- Almonds – Full of magnesium, fiber, vitamin E and antioxidants. Studies show that regular almonds intake helps you in losing weight and improve metabolic health.
- Coconuts – Great source of fiber and powerful fatty acids
- Walnuts – Nutritious, loaded with vitamins, minerals, and fiber
- Chia Seeds – Chia seeds have fiber and significant amounts of calcium, manganese magnesium, and other nutrients. It is the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet.
- Peanuts – Help is losing weight, high in nutrients and antioxidants.
5 – Grains
Grains make the best homemade healthy food. Many healthy food items come under this option. Loaded with countless health benefits. Most people eat whole grains in their daily diet. Grains are an important source of fiber, nutrients, vitamins, and minerals.
- Oats – Healthy option to intake fiber and nutrients in the simplest form.
- Brown Rice – Fairly nutritious, with a decent amount of fiber, magnesium and vitamin B1.
- Brown or Homemade Wheat Bread – A good option to full tummy with fair health benefits. Homemade Wheat Bread is gluten-free and low in carbs.
- Kidney Beans – Properly cooked kidney beans are full of fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
- Lentils – Fiber-rich and one of the best sources of plant-based protein.
6 – Dairy Products
Dairy products are too a healthy food source loaded with various important nutrients. Milk, butter, cheese, yogurt are some of the best options to intake nutrients in the form of dairy products.
Many of the other food options are still there on the list those are not listed above. The above mentioned healthy food items are great sources of major nutrients in order to maintain a healthy life.