When you have heard those dreaded words “You have cancer” from your doctor’s mouth that moment can be earth-shattering. With that, you started thinking of all those radiation, chemotherapy and drug treatments that change your life completely.
When it comes to cancer survival, there is no guarantee. But cancer experts have more success in treating certain types of cancer. Early detection is the key when it comes to cancer survival. For early detection, one needs to get screened on a regular basis. According to the data, the incidence of cancer has grown among Americans, not all cancers are deadly, and some can be easily treated. Some doctors and cancer experts started to use the word cure for cancer. Even though you can never be sure that cancer will go away for good treatment, medical experts have found success in treating some cancers. Here is a list of five most curable cancers with strong survival rates:
- Cervical Cancer-Cervical cancer is curable cancer with a 100% five-year survival rate. It is one of the most treatable cancers because of the effective techniques available to detect cancer. An effective detecting method called the quick Pap test detects the presence of abnormal cells on the cervix even before they become cancerous and harmful for health. However, if cancer-causing cells appear on the cervix, they grow slowly. If these cells are diagnosed at a precancerous stage means before they become cancerous, they can be treated before they develop, grow or spread to nearby areas.
- Breast Cancer-People get rid of breast cancer for five years after diagnosis. Modern medicines and techniques make it treatable cancer. Cancer experts today know more about how to detect and treat breast cancer. They understand the condition better than ever before. They know that the type of cancer is further divided into different parts. Researchers have come up with different breast cancer medications to treat specific types. If diagnosed earlier, it is easy to treat and cure after it spreads to the surrounding area. Some types are more treatable as compared to others. An estrogen receptor positive or ER-positive breast cancer will benefit from medications like Mamofen 10 mg that lower estrogen levels in the bloodstream. While a triple negative breast cancer doesn’t benefit from targeted therapies. A Mammogram is a screening test that can help you live longer. The American cancer society recommends annual screening tests starting at the age of 40.
- Testicular Cancer-In the early stages, when the growth of cancer cells has not spread to other parts of the body, doctors can cure testicular cancer with the surgical removal of testicles that have a tumour. For later stage cancer, surgery along with radiation and chemotherapy often works well. There are treatments available for even the advanced stages. The five-year survival rate for testicular cancer is 73%, which is pretty good for a later stage cancer.There are no screening tests available for cancer of the testes. The presence of a lump in a testicle can help identify the presence of abnormal cells. If one testicle becomes larger than the other, it could be an early indication of a testicular tumour.
- Prostate cancer-many prostate cancers progress slowly. Many men suffering from this type of cancer can live for years without complications. A prostate tumour is not that harmful that required treatment. People die of something other than their prostate tumor.Metastatic cancer is challenging to treat. However a small percentage experience spreading of a tumour to distant parts of the body. Even in this case, men live five years after they are diagnosed. Cancer experts usually detect most prostate cancers at a very early stage. A rectal exam can help in which a doctor checks your testicles with gloved fingers.
- Melanoma-Melanoma or skin cancer can be usually spotted with the naked eye in its early stages. It can be easily removed with eh help of surgery if it hasn’t crossed the surface of your skin. If you are not able to detect it early it can go beyond the skin’s surface and then it becomes hard to treat. Only 15 to 20% population find skin cancer after to native parts. Such people will still be alive five years after their detection. Your doctor can help identify the presence of melanoma by checking your back, scalp, scrotum, and in between your toes. Regular screening is recommended if you are at high risk of developing melanoma.
Latest posts by Amelia Smith (see all)
- The Best Hair Loss Treatment and Products - November 6, 2018
- Careprost: The Best Eyelash Growth Serum to Get Longer Eyelashes - October 24, 2018
- Sign and Symptoms of Low Testosterone - October 14, 2018