Do your pictures show your double chin and draw more attention to this double chin than other parts of your face? Well! It’s not a serious matter of concern if you know how to get rid of double chin with some easy exercises.
Fat under chin is very common to find. It can be due to excess fat around the neck, genetic reasons, poor diet or being overweight. A double chin is visible and draws attention, but sometimes it can distort the facial expression. It also happens when our skin loses elasticity due to ageing.
How to get rid of double chin fast? Two main muscles, sternocleidomastoid and platysma, give your neck a proper shape. Surgical procedures can help you get rid of a double chin. But home treatment provides better and painless solutions; in this regard, double chin exercises are the best.
Are double chin exercises effective?
Certain exercises to lose double chin target face and neck muscles. There are neck exercises for double chin that strengthen neck and jaw muscles, but stronger muscles don’t automatically mean less fat. Such exercise can only support, but not replace, regular diet and exercise.
Experts also recommend easy facial exercises for double chin, such as:
- Chin-lift exercise – This exercise for double chin is the best one that makes you learn how to get rid of a double chin just by practising the neck movement. Keep your spine erect, slowly tilt your head, and look at the ceiling; then, pucker up your lips in a pout. Do this exercise about 8 to 10 times for a couple of minutes daily. You can perform this double chin exercise in a standing or sitting position. Look upward and try to kiss the ceiling; hold this position for a few seconds. You will feel a stretch in the upper neck area after the exercise. This practice will gradually tighten chin muscles, and the double chin will disappear after a period.
- Revolve head/neck roll – Keep your spine straight and gently rotate your head clockwise and then anticlockwise for 2-3 minutes and try to repeat these 3 to 4 times a day for some weeks. These neck fat exercises also help to relieve neck pain.
- Lip pulls – Lip pulling is a very effective facial exercise to lift the facial muscles, making the double chin flat over time. You lift the facial muscles and try to lift the lower lip as much as possible. Remain in this posture for about 15 seconds. This is one of the face exercises for a double chin that stretches the chin and jawline to help you get rid of the fat under chin.
- Stick it out – Keep your face straight as you see towards the front, and then open your mouth wide. Now, try to stick your tongue out slowly and let it come out as much as possible. After that, return the tongue to your mouth at the same speed. Perform this double chin exercise some 10 times every day. It’s a good face-muscle exercise as well.
- Chin slap – While keeping your face forward, gently slap your lower jaw with the back of your hand. Making gentle pressure on the muscle continuously for some 30 seconds every day will help to tone the double chin and shrink the neck muscle.
- Laying lifts – Experts suggest laying lifts are helpful to tighten chin muscles. It’s very easy to do as lying face-up on a bed; try to keep your head hanging off the edge. You can also use a pillow to hang your head off the end and try to see below. Slowly lift your head toward your chest while keeping your shoulders and back flat against the bed. It may look awkward but doing it for 20 seconds and at least twice daily gives good exercise to reduce the double chin problem.
- Milk massage –Milk massage is a good solution to tighten and tone the skin around the chin area. Plus, milk helps to maintain soft and glowing skin. It’s very easy to use as you can directly apply the chin on the muscle and then massage this area for a few minutes. Leave it for 10 minutes before washing it off with lukewarm water. Apply this remedy once a day for a few weeks. You can also take some other ingredients with the milk to soften the face skin.
- Melon massage – Melon fruits offer a good solution to tone the skin and minimize double chin. Take the juice of fresh melon and apply it to the skin around the chin and neck and then softly massage this area. You can also take apple and melon juice to massage the jawline as an effective double chin exercise. Intake of melon is also helpful to reduce body weight so that double chin is reduced.
Other practices: There are more solutions to tell you how to get rid of a double chin and make it less noticeable. These practices include:
- Drink plenty of water
- Eat more water content like cucumber, celery, melon, lettuce etc.
- Improve sitting posture; head up, body straight and neck erect
- Do some cardio exercises and weight training
- Practice puffy face exercise
- Avoid overweight
- Keep a good hairstyle to hide the double chin
A healthy diet and regular exercise will most likely help you get the desired results. But if you still want to target that excess fat under your chin, try exercises to get rid of double chin. Certain neck exercises for double chin are quick and effective in giving you a more sculpted jawline.