If you get to work and have a hard time getting your day started, it may be your diet that lacks essential nutrients required by your body to function properly. It is said that we are what we eat. This means what we eat has a lot of effect on how we look and how our body works including the brain.
What you eat can affect your health, including your brain power, so it is very important to eat foods that can help you focus. There is a neurotransmitter, a chemical substance in the brain that helps the brain to function effectively. People experience different healthy complication associated with the food they eat. Diet plays a vital role in our lives; it can affect the way we feel, think, sleep, and concentrate. A diet lacks essential nutrients and vitamins can contribute to various conditions like reduced concentration, insomnia, and cognitive functions.
You could be eating something healthy that helps you in keeping you filled for lunch, but if your attention span is still waning, some essential diet changes may be required to increase the concentration level. Certain foods particularly boost brain function and help maintain your focus level.
If your diet lacks essential vitamins and nutrients, it can hurt your ability to concentrate. So, if you want to keep yourself focused all day, try these foods in your breakfast, which have been proven to enhance your brain power.
- Nuts- Nuts are an excellent source of anti-oxidant vitamin E, which, according to research studies has been linked to less cognitive decline as you age. Nuts are considered as a great source of healthy fats and protein required to balance blood glucose levels and maintain energy levels throughout the day. Almonds, hazelnuts, and cashew also contain high levels of magnesium, which plays a crucial role in converting sugar to energy. You can easily add the goodness of nuts in the form of nut butter.
- Blueberries- This superfood is not just delicious, but also a perfect afternoon snack to keep you remains active and concentrated. Research studies suggest that these berries can enhance motor performance as well as improve memory.
- Avocado- A diet high in avocados is good for your heart and brain. The savory fruit is great for improving blood supply to the brain, which in turn improves brain function. It contains vitamin K and folate that are particularly good for memory and concentration as well. It is very easy to add this superfood to your diet, you can throw half a fruit into a smoothie, or you can spread over a piece of toast.
- Chocolate- You can welcome dessert in your life in the form of dark chocolate. The delicious and powerful food is excellent for enhancing brain health and concentration. According to a clinical study, people who consumed a small amount of dark chocolate on a regular basis have improved memory skills. Experts suggest that chocolate increases serotonin and endorphins, which may contribute to better concentration. The sweet treat is loaded with antioxidants. Make sure you stick to the small proportion of this sweet treat.
- Coffee- In research studies, a cup of coffee has been shown to improve mental performance and increase the attention span, making it a great option to pick up in the afternoon when you need to focus.
- Eggs- Eggs are perfect for improving and concentration. The egg yolk carries an antioxidant called lutein, which helps to keep your brain healthy. Leutin is believed to boost eyesight; it also plays a vital role in maintaining brain function. Eggs have also found to have choline, a vitamin B, which works to maintain the structure of brain cells. The presence of protein and heart-healthy fats in eggs is excellent for keeping you attentive.
- Salmon- This fish tops the list of seafood due to its ability to improve heart health. The omega 3 fatty acids in the fish keep your brain function properly throughout the day. Salmon is considered as an oily fish contain DHA also known as docosahexaenoic acid, which is use extremely useful for feeding brain cells as well as protecting them against injury and inflammation.
Latest posts by Max Jones (see all)
- Do Allergies Develop Before Birth? - May 20, 2018
- Bedbugs Seemingly Increase Your Risk of Allergic Reactions and Deadly Asthma Attacks - May 18, 2018
- Enhance Eyelashes with Careprost Eye Drops - May 16, 2018