Unwanted hair on the face can be quite embarrassing for women. Various reasons might lead to the overproduction of facial hair. However, there are several home remedies for facial hair removal .
Unwanted facial hair:
Medical conditions such as polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), other hormonal conditions, use of certain medications, or adrenal gland disorders can give rise to unwanted facial hair. In some cases, the issue can be due to a tumour or cancer of the adrenal gland or ovaries. Apart from home remedies for facial hair, there are many other ways also to remove unwanted facial hair including plucking, waxing, threading and bleaching, laser hair removal and electrolysis.
Some of the methods are:
1. Hair removal creams There are several brands of hair removal creams available in the market. It is simple to use; all you have to do is apply the cream on the unwanted hair and wait for some time to remove it. The unwanted hair will come off when you wipe off the cream from your face. It is a convenient and pain-free way to get rid of unwanted hair.
2. Laser A laser beam focuses on the affected areas, and it destroys the follicles that are present underneath the skin surface. It stops further hair growth. Experts generally recommend at least six to eight settings to completely destroy the follicles. Through this method hair growth is permanently reduced and removed altogether.
3. IPL or Intense Pulsed Light This is quite similar to laser treatment. However in this case various light wavelengths are used to get rid of unwanted hair. Six to ten treatments are required with a gap of a couple of months in between. It is a permanent solution to hair removal and is also known to be a less painful and gentler procedure than laser.
4. Waxing Warm wax is applied to the affected parts with a spatula. Long fabric strips are applied on it and then pulled off almost immediately removing instantly all the hair. It is a quick and cheap method to remove hair and is also widely available in salons all over.
5. Threading This is a natural, ancient method of hair removal and is a popular way to remove hair all over the world. It involves removing hair with the usage of the thread. It is a cheap, quick and effective way to remove hair and does not require the usage of any chemicals.
6. Electrolysis The hair on the face are removed with a sterile needle. Several sessions are required to remove hair this way but the results are permanent.
7. Medication There are several medicines in the market that help decrease the androgenic effect of the male hormones in the body. You can ask your doctor to recommend medicines that will help lower the rate of hair growth due to health issues such as PCOS.
Here are some home remedies for facial hair.
1. Gram flour and besan Mix gram flour and lemon juice and apply all over your face. Wait for 15 minutes and then scrub the affected area to remove the unwanted hair.
2. Turmeric and milk This combination had been used by Indian women since centuries. Mix the two ingredients in a bowl to form a thick paste. Apply on your face and let it dry for some time. Scrub off gently in a circular motion and rinse off with cold water.
3. Lemon and sugar This is one of the effective home remedies for facial hair. Mix the juice of one lemon with one spoon of sugar. Use a little water to dissolve the sugar and leave the mixture on your face for few minutes before washing it off with water. Do this regularly at least thrice a week to see a noticeable difference in a short time.
If you have been thinking how to remove facial hair, the above tips will help you. For most women, a combination of two or three methods can work well to get rid of unwanted facial hair. Find the one that works for you and stick to it for best results.
Latest posts by Max Jones (see all)
- Ways to Lower the Risk of a Heart Attack or Stroke - December 15, 2017
- Immunotherapy for Cancer: A Novel Approach - December 8, 2017
- Eating for Two Often May Not Mean a Healthier Diet - December 4, 2017