Wrinkles and fine lines under the eyes can spoil the entire beauty of the face. Wrinkles happen as a part of the natural aging process. Home remedies for wrinkles under the eyes can effectively work to remove fine lines.
It is when the elastin and collagen present in the connective tissue of the skin break down. Premature or excess wrinkles can also be caused by factors like too much sun exposure, smoking, loss of Vitamin E, use of some drugs, stress, weight loss, and genetic factors.
Causes of Wrinkles Under the Eyes
Many women spend long hours in the salons trying expensive methods to eliminate those wrinkles. Under-eye wrinkle creams can make your life easy to some extent, but many of us first opt for natural options to help reduce fine lines and under-eye wrinkles. The good news is that some effective home remedies for wrinkles work in much less time than what you would spend in a salon. Here are some quick home-based eye wrinkles treatment remedies to help you. These home treatments for face wrinkles work wonders to lessen the fine lines under the eyes.
- Nutritious diet– One of the main reasons for eye wrinkles is the lack of collagen. Consume plenty of fruits, vegetables, and other mineral-rich foods to enhance collagen growth, giving a firm and youthful appearance to your face.
- Adequate sleep– To treat the wrinkles under the eyes, it is important to sleep well every night. Make sure to get at least 7-8 hours of sleep for the health of your skin and overall well-being.
- Exposure to the sun– Take care to shelter your eyes from the sun’s direct rays. Prolonged exposure can speed up aging and make your skin appear dry and wrinkled. Make sure to wear shades when you are outdoors.
- Water –One of the effective home remedies for wrinkles under the eyes is to splash cold water on the eyes every morning as soon as you wake up. Also, drink eight to ten glasses of water daily to keep the skin hydrated.
- Oils –Some oils, such as coconut, castor, rapeseed, and Vitamin E, are excellent for moisture and nourishing skin. Apply oil on the affected parts at night and wash them off the next morning. Do this daily for at least a few weeks to see noticeable results. Regularly massaging the oils will help moisturize, repair and regenerate skin cells. The oil goes deep into the skin and offers long-lasting protection.
- Cucumber –Using cucumber is an excellent way to take care of your under-eye health. It is one of the best natural remedies for wrinkles under eyes. Apply the juice of the cucumber under your eyes or simply place some sliced cucumber pieces on your eyes and wash off after 15 minutes. The lines under your eyes will vanish in no time.
- Pineapple –Pineapple juice contains an active enzyme called bromelain. It is an anti-inflammatory agent that helps to treat wrinkles. It also has astringent qualities and helps to exfoliate the skin.
- Fenugreek –Fenugreek seeds, leaves, or oil are excellent for treating skin issues, including wrinkles under the eyes. It contains minerals and Vitamins that are absorbed in the body and help to treat fine lines when used regularly. Apply on the affected parts and leave overnight. Wash off the following morning with lukewarm water.
- Aloe Vera –Aloe Vera contains malic acid that helps decrease wrinkles by improving the skin’s elasticity. Cut an aloe vera and apply the gel to your skin. Leave it there for 15 to 20 minutes and wash off with water.
Anti-ageing eye cream
A good eye cream is the least invasive way to reduce under-eye wrinkles. Plenty of good ones are available for all ages and skin types. The best eye cream for wrinkles only takes a few weeks before you see the removal of those fine lines and wrinkles under your eyes.
Retinoid is a proven anti-ager. Retinoids, derived from vitamin A, help reduce fine lines and wrinkles. They work by neutralizing free radicals that may damage collagen, decreasing the skin’s oxidative stress levels. Tretinoin is the best under-eye cream for wrinkles. When applying the cream under your eyes, be sure to spread it away from your eyes. After applying this retinoid formulation, you should apply a moisturizer to prevent your skin from becoming dry; Dryness is a common side effect of tretinoin and other topical retinoids. If you are concerned about retinoid’s side effects, consult a dermatologist, they may recommend the best treatment for under-eye wrinkles.
Certain skincare basics, too, can be followed to treat wrinkles. Avoid using soap in those areas or any strong chemicals. Also, never use powders in those areas. Using the above-mentioned home remedies for wrinkles under the eyes can help treat wrinkles and get rid of them to a large extent. Eye cream for wrinkles can also be a good option. Talk with your dermatologist about the best eye cream for fine lines.