Asthma is one of the bad health complications that commonly affect both men and women. The condition can either by medications such as asthalin hfa inhaler or through natural treatment. Honey is considered to be the best natural source to reduce asthma symptoms.
Asthma & Its treatment
Asthma is a chronic inflammatory airway disease that affects around 300 million across the globe. The airway disease accounted for 0.04% of all death worldwide, and the figure is kept on increasing annually. An asthmatic patient usually experiences recurrent episodes of wheezing, chest tightness, breathlessness, coughing especially early in the morning and at night. Prescription medications have become the most common treatment to manage asthma. Medications like Asthalin hfa inhaler help remove asthmatic attacks by relaxing the smooth muscles in the airways.
However, asthma attacks can still occur as the drug therapy does not alter the underlying pathology. Moreover, long-term usage is often associated with side effects including oral candidiasis, loss of bone mass, and increased intraocular pressure. These unwanted effects increase the need to search for an alternative therapy that can help relieve asthma symptoms with fewer side effects. In a way to an alternative method, natural herbs are a promising approach. Honey has been widely used as a natural remedy for particularly treating asthma. It is reported has antioxidants, antibacterial, and anti modulatory effects.
Honey- An effective natural remedy for asthma cure
Honey is always effective and moreover, it is free from any side effect. The wide array of amino acids, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals can help relieve asthma symptoms. Since ancient times, people have been using honey to heal any kind of ailments and particularly it can cure asthma symptoms much better.
According to Ayurveda, elevated levels of kapha dosha in the gut are the primary cause of asthma. The enhanced levels block the natural flow of air in the bronchioles and cause breathing troubles which ultimately leads to wheezing. If you are suffering from asthma, you cannot get a better natural remedy than honey. It is considered to be the most effective method to help cure asthma. The natural herb is widely used in folk medicines to treat fever, cough, and inflammation.
Honey can be taken orally but inhalation can be a more suitable way to administer honey to your body’s system to manage asthma symptom. Inhalation of the natural herb ensures the maximum amount of honey is getting directly into the airways to treat the airway disease. According to a clinical study, honey nebulization was found to be extremely beneficial for acute asthma in asthmatic children.
Effective ways to use Honey
Honey works as an alternative cure for reducing congestion and coughing associated with asthma. It decreases asthma symptoms with its useful properties. Here are some useful ways on how to use honey to manage asthma:
- Honey with hot water-Honey mixed with warm water can help to remove excess mucus from the bronchioles. And reduces asthma attacks.
- Cinnamon and Honey-The combination of honey and cinnamon is extremely beneficial in treating many health as well as skin problems. The combo eases the passage of airways and boosts your immune system thereby leaving you to have sound sleep at night. The natural herbs combine antimicrobial and anti-oxidant properties that are helpful in eliminating the bacteria as well as fungus which are the main culprits.
- Lemon & Honey– Lemon has vitamin C that enhances the immune system. It also has anti-oxidant and antiseptic; properties that help to kill the bacteria. On the other hand, honey soothes the inflamed airways and reduces the chances of asthma attacks.
- Honey with milk-Honey in milk can help relieve asthma symptoms. You can consume the combination to assist you in curing asthma attacks.
- Turmeric and Honey-Combining honey with a little turmeric powder cancan ease your asthma-related breathing issues. Take a small bowl and add turmeric and honey to it. Stir is well and drinks to alleviate asthma symptoms from your life. The combination not only removes the attacks of asthma but also treat other respiratory issues.
- Honey with fenugreek seeds-The combination assists to detoxify lungs and clears all the mucus in the airways to decrease asthma symptoms.
Honey with cloves- Honey with cloves is an excellent idea to cure asthma at home. You can add little water to the combination and drink to relieve coughing and congestion.
Latest posts by Amelia Smith (see all)
- The Best Hair Loss Treatment and Products - November 6, 2018
- Careprost: The Best Eyelash Growth Serum to Get Longer Eyelashes - October 24, 2018
- Sign and Symptoms of Low Testosterone - October 14, 2018