If you are looking for a way to kick those sudden and unbearable cravings, then you have landed on to the right page. You will know some facts about cravings and learn to have a few strategies that could help you beat those cravings.
Facts About Food Cravings
Food cravings are associated with many different things including our habits, weather, blood sugar levels, changes in mood, time of day and sometimes the people we are around.
According to a research, our brain links certain foods with a soothing response and those are the foods that we crave. Also, the studies show that when carbohydrates consumed along with fats, it provides a temporary calming effect due to increased secretion of serotonin (the feel-good hormone) and a fall in the stress hormone.
Overcome Food Craving Without Going Crazy
Food cravings can be signals for weight gain; these urges can wreak havoc on your efforts to lose or even maintain weight. To lose extra pounds some people prefer a dieting which leads to food cravings. Instead of digging your heels against unhealthy urges in the name of weight loss, try these smart tips from nutritionists and to conquer your cravings healthily:
- Stay away from processed foods-Foods that come in a box with added sugar, oil, and salt to intensify the flavor are processed foods. Eating these foods for a long time can trick the brain, and you need more and more of it until you are not satisfied. It is essential to make a healthy choice and eat foods such as high fiber carbohydrates, lean proteins, and healthy fats.
- Manage Stress– Managing stress is the best way to control cravings. It is believed that stress may lead to more cravings which ultimately results in weight gain. When we are stressed out, our body produces cortisol hormone which triggers insulin resistance that can disturb appetite. Do some deep breathing exercises, and take walking breaks from your work to de-stress yourself. Take the help of a nutritionist and follow a diet for weight loss.
- Drink plenty of water-Many of us often confused between thirst and hunger. We eat when we are actually thirsty. To not be in the situation, drink plenty of water. Hydrate your body enough to keep food cravings at bay.
- Minimize portion size– When you crave for pizza, have a large salad before you eat pizza. This way you will learn to control your portions. The technique will also help with weight loss.
- Get enough sleep-Lack of sleep can trigger the release of the stress hormone, which in turn may lead to more cravings.
One can also take weight loss supplements to reduce extra pounds and maintain healthy body weight. Consult a nutritionist to get advice on weight loss supplements. Slim detox 200 is one of the effective weight loss products available in the market. You can buy weight loss products online at the lowest rate. Buy Detox 200 online from alldaychemist.com. and get up to 50% off on the product.
Beat Sugar Food Cravings
Many of us are addicted to sugar, some of us are even unaware of this truth. Processed foods contain sugars that are added to enhance the flavor of a food item. If any of us crave for a sugar-loaded food item that we can develop a dependency on the sugar similarly to that of drugs such as cocaine or nicotine. The longer we abuse it, the more we get dependent on it.
By beating the sugar and food cravings, and sticking to a diet for weight loss, one can maintain a healthy weight. Keep unhealthy food desires at bay by trying these healthier alternatives:
- When chocolates, brownies, and candy bars call you:
- Try a sound chocolate bite by eating frozen chocolate dipped banana. This way you can enjoy the taste and chocolate and nutritionist benefits of banana.
- You can also drizzle honey on your banana and garnish with chopped walnuts.
- When you crave for salty food
- Try a 1/4th cup of sunflower seed or
- Cup chickpeas tossed with olive oil and salt and roasted in the microwave.
- Spread a little goat cheese over small cucumber slices.
- Eat half cup of yogurt with fruits
- Have a bowl of fresh tomato soup
- Have some baked tortilla chips with a half cup of salsa.
- Dip one cup of carrots, sliced peppers, and sugar snap peas in two teaspoons of hummus.
- Salty and sweet-
- The best way to enjoy the sweet and salty together is to eat a handful of almonds with a handful of raisin.
Latest posts by Max Jones (see all)
- Top 9 Reasons for Hair Loss in Women - July 13, 2018
- Progynova for Menopause Relief - July 9, 2018
- Careprost Eye Drops – The Ultimate Formula for Eyelash Growth - July 7, 2018