Healthy food that includes salty, crunchy, creamy, and sweet for all your cravings that strikes between meals. Fruits, nuts, veggies, yoghurt, dark chocolate, and olives conquer cravings with these healthy substitutions. Remember, moderation is the key to satisfying all these healthy snacks that can satisfy your salt craving or sweet tooth.
Food cravings are irresistible urges to eat a specific food or taste. A lot of people urge to snack on unhealthy foods, especially when they are following a diet plan. Food high in carbohydrates and sugar majorly cause cravings, and these can make it more difficult to manage cravings. However, some healthy foods with a variety of textures can help satisfy your cravings.
- Fresh Fruits – Fruits are naturally very sweet and are a great choice to calm down your sweet tooth. In addition to taste, fruits are extremely nutritious, and they are packed with antioxidants, prebiotic fibre, and other beneficial plant compounds that help to keeps you healthy. To makes your fruit treat more delicious, add few drops of dark chocolate or make a mixed fruit bowl.
- Nuts- Nuts including pistachios and almonds not only satisfy your salt cravings but also provides heart-healthy fats and proteins which boost energy and keep your tummy full for longer. Almonds are a good source of potassium as well, which plays a key role in satisfying salt cravings. Pistachios are another great choice when it comes to satisfying salt cravings. You can have a handful of pistachios whenever you carve for something salty. Pistachios are healthy nuts that are important for your heart and other muscles.
- Greek Yoghurt – A creamy treat for those who crave for something creamy and delicious. It’s high protein content and low sugar content make it better than regular yoghurt. Greek yoghurt is a good source of vitamin B, calcium, and beneficial bacteria that improve your gut health.
- Dark Chocolate – If you are craving chocolate, ditch your regular milk for a small amount of dark chocolate. However, it is important to keep a close eye on your portion size. While a small amount of dark chocolate has been linked to a variety of health benefits, including improved heart health, and brain function, the larger amount may not have the same protective effects as it adds to a lot of sugar to your diet. You can have a piece or two to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Banana Ice Cream- Once you choose to follow a healthy diet, you could try being creative by making healthy alternatives for yourself.
- Energy Balls-You can blend ripe bananas in a grinder and freeze them for at least an hour. This snack is not only healthy but full of flavour, also much lower in calories. Tok makes your treat more interesting you can add, milk, or fruits to enhance the flavour.
- Cottage Cheese – cottage cheese is low in calories and is very nutritious. It contains good amounts of vitamin B12, calcium, and riboflavin. The high protein content and low calorie make it a perfect snack item for those who are trying to lose weight.
- Roasted Edamame – If you are craving for something salty, roasted edamame or immature soybeans are a great choice. This low calories snack is high in fibre, proteins, and vitamins.
- Berries – If sugar cravings are disturbing you, quench your hunger and satisfy your need for sugar with something nutritious like berries. The small fruit is low in calories and high in fibre. The anti-inflammatory properties play a crucial role in protecting from diseases like cancer and heart disease.
- Olives – If you like snacking without increasing your calorie intake, try snacking on some olives. The small fruits are low calories and contain a variety of beneficial plant compounds.
- Popcorns – popcorn can satisfy your salt cravings without blowing your calorie budget, especially if you like to snack on chips. However, portion size is key when you think of healthy snacking. Choose to eat homemade air-popped popcorn as these are much lower in calories than those pre-packed ones.
- Trail Mix – You might be thing what is trail mix? It’s nothing but a handful of dried fruits and nuts. The combination of nuts and fruits can create a perfect healthy snack, especially when you are craving something sweet and salty.
- Dates – Dates are a rich source of antioxidants, iron, fibre, and potassium. They are very sweet and contain a high amount of sugar. It is essential to watch for the portion size.
- Nut Butter – Fruit dipped in peanut butter can make it a delicious deal for you. Nut butter is especially popular among health-conscious people. Serve a few pieces of fruits with peanut butter to satisfy your urge to eat sweet and crunchy. This healthy snack provides you with all the essential nutrients and beneficial plant compounds found in nuts. To make sure you are snacking on healthy foods, watch for your portion size and pick a nut butter that only contains nuts and a little salt.
- Vegetable Chips – Another choice for those who are prone to craving potato chips. The preparation method is the same as those of potato chips, but these are made from vegetables like kale, seaweed instead of potatoes. You can enjoy vegetable chips with a cup of green tea.
Stick to healthy foods that are low in calories and high in nutrients. You can try products like Himalaya Karela Metabolic wellness, and Vitafizz Vitamin C to improve your overall health.