Hair loss or thinning of hair is a common problem and can be triggered by stress, medications, or weight loss. There are many reasons for hair loss or noticeably thinning hair. Sometimes a hair loss is a side effect of a health problem that requires being treated and will resolve itself once the health problem is properly treated.
Hair fall- a common problem
Hair reflects our health emotionally and physically. It is one of the first things that people notice about us. Shedding of hair is a normal part of the hair cycle, but when you start losing the unusual amount of hair, then it is the time to think about the issue. The hair loss problem is unexpected in young adults under the age of 21; it can be shocking news for a young one to discover his/her hair loss problem. But there is no need to worry! After determining the right cause and applying the correct treatment that perfectly suits your condition, you would be able to find the way to manage the condition by making the right decision that goes well with your individual needs.
Causes of hair fall
Hair loss doesn’t happen without any reason. So here is the question arises? What causes hair to drop off the scalp? There are many types of hair loss with many different causes. For your convenience, we have broken the common causes of hair loss into three categories:
- Genetic causes
- Lifestyle issues
- Skin problems
Genetic causes of hair loss
- It’s your genes to blame- Hereditary is the topmost causes of premature hair loss in both men and women. According to a research study, around 80 million men and women experience hereditary hair loss. If one of your parents starts losing hair at an early age, then there are bright chances you will lose too. Androgenic alopecia or genetic hair loss is one of the common forms of hair loss and can be inherited from either from the paternal or maternal side of your family. The problem can occur at any age from the early twenties but becomes more common with age. The most effective hair loss treatment for hereditary hair loss is Finasteride medication which is sold under the brand name of propecia. The treatment is extremely effective for men with androgenic alopecia.
- Age factor-Whether you are a man or woman, you will see at least thinning of hair or some hair loss as you age. Unfortunately, you can’t fight the nature. From 30 onwards, hair growth slows down as well volume of hair also decreases as the year passes.
- Eating habits- Like other parts of your body, your hair too need essential nutrients to grow and stay healthy. The growth of healthy hair also depends on how well your body absorbs the nutrients from the food we eat. Zinc plays a vital role in the growth of new hair; a poor diet that lacks zinc can ultimately lead to patchy hair shedding which can result in hair loss.
- Stress- physical as well as emotional hair loss can contribute to hair loss problem. An injury, surgery or any health condition can cause stress to cause thinning of hair. Therefore, it is very important to combat mental stress with regular exercise, proper diet, and eliminating known stresses from your life.
- Seborrheic dermatitis- It is a skin condition that found on the scalp, indicated by itchy red patches on the scalp. The reason behind the skin condition is an inflammatory response and can result in large bald patches on the head.
- Psoriasis- Psoriasis can easily be mistaken for dandruff. The condition described by the overproduction of skin cells that become visible as large white flakes. The skin condition can damage hair follicles and may even lead to temporary hair loss in both men and women. If you suspect psoriasis is the cause of your hair loss, then consult your dermatologist who can provide treatments such as topical creams, shampoos, and tablet for oral administration. Your hair growth returns to normal once the condition is completely treated