Apple cider vinegar is a miraculous ingredient with numerous health benefits. From speeding wound healing to disinfecting, it has a wide range of uses.
Advantages of apple cider vinegar
Made from fermented apples, apple cider vinegar has been used to assist human health for decades. It has proved to be the ancient folk therapy for almost all health associated problems. Drinking this powerful ingredient is even an increasingly popular health trend. Its unexpected use that most people might not know is that it helps in the regulation of blood sugar, which makes it a useful ingredient in patients with type 2 diabetes and pre-diabetes.
It is estimated that around 400 million people have diabetes all over the world. In addition, the number of people with pre-diabetes has kept on increasing, and the overall total predicted an increase in numbers from now to 2030 is 470 million.
Importance of apple cider vinegar for diabetes patients
A study conducted in 1995 suggests that when Apple cider vinegar is taken with a meal, it remarkably regulates the glycemic response of the body to the ingestion of other foods. Further studies show a delay in insulin response and feeling of fullness after eating a meal with vinegar. These studies were conducted to find out the effect of consuming apple cider vinegar at night. Researchers wanted to see whether the consumption of vinegar would affect the morning’s blood glucose level or not. Too much glucose level while sleeping is common in diabetic patients.
This is due to when the liver doesn’t synthesize blood glucose properly. According to studies, acetic acid present in vinegar effectively helps in the regulation of glucose in the liver, which may benefit people with type 2 diabetes. This may also prevent other metabolic issues that contribute to a pre-breakfast rise in fasting blood glucose level. By slowing the carbohydrate breakdown, the sugar level in blood becomes more stable reduces the spikes that stimulate the production of insulin in the body.
Other apple cider vinegar uses
Here are some more powerful ways through which you can benefit from apple cider vinegar:
- Relieve night time leg cramps-Apple cider vinegar took twice daily with water will dissolve acid crystal in the blood and provides calcium, potassium and other important nutrients required to ease the symptoms of leg cramps.
- Vinegar to get rid of bad breath-Its acidic properties makes it a wonderful natural remedy for bad breath or halitosis. Add apple cider vinegar in a cup of water and gargle with the mixture daily until the cup is empty.
- Effective for hiccup-The sour taste of apple cider vinegar stimulates the nerves inside your throat that are responsible for causing hiccups. This stops the spasm of hiccups. All you need to do is mix a tablespoon of vinegar in the water and drink.
- Stomach problems-A little acid in your stomach can cause acid reflux. It provides relief from symptoms of an upset stomach that you experience during the night. A combination of apple cider vinegar and water will help relieve gas discomfort and cramping.
- Weight loss-Various studies suggest that lack of sleep is closely linked to obesity. The more your weight is, the more you get some sort of sleeping issues. Apple cider intake prevents fat formation as well as decreased the appetite. It contains pectin (an ingredient), which make you feel more satisfied and full. From now whenever you feel hungry at night, add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in water and drink it.
- Remedy for the stuffy nose-Apple cider vinegar is rich in vitamin A, B1, B2, and E. It also contains magnesium and potassium in good quantity. These vitamins and minerals work together to relieve mucous and clear your sinuses. Consume a mixture of water and vinegar before going to bed.
- Prevent ingestion-Insomnia and ingestion are known to be associated with each other. Apple cider vinegar has the ability to get rid of both these troublesome issues. It fights the symptoms of stomach issues like nausea and bloating. It also helps in maintaining the acid level in the stomach. Add vinegar in warm water and drink it.
- Good for a sore throat-Its antibacterial property makes it a potent remedy for a sore throat. Mixed it with honey and ginger and get the benefit of the powerful anti-inflammatory product.
- Detox agent-The presence of vitamins, minerals, and enzymes in vinegar nourishes the body as well as assist in liver function. Also, it loosens mucus and stimulates the lymphatic system to speed wound healing.
- Heal bruises-it promotes circulation and heals bruises with anti-inflammatory and antioxidants to repair the damage tissues.
Enjoy the benefits of apple cider vinegar; it can help you in your daily lives.
Latest posts by Amelia Smith (see all)
- How to Survive a Heart Attack? - March 7, 2019
- Can Constipation Make You Fat? - March 5, 2019
- Few Tips to Choose the Best Doctor for Your Skin Disease - March 1, 2019