Constipation is the most common problem in today’s modern world; nearly 75% of the population is suffering from constipation. The meaning of constipation in general: frequent disturbances in the bowel system or in other words constipation happened when you have less than three bowel movements in a week. Your stool may be hard or difficult to pass. You may have the feeling of not finishing the bowel movement, or there is a heaviness in your rectum.
Whereas, the reasons for a headache include dehydration, stress, etc. Constipation and headaches are two different health problems. There is a possibility that they occur simultaneously due to any other health disorder. Both the conditions can be examined by the doctors and they have their separate treatments. But what happens when they occur together? Yes, your head can ache when you are dealing with constipation. In that case, a different treatment approach is needed. Sometimes, headaches can be the effects of constipation, so make sure you treat your bowel movements at the right time before it makes your head pain.
Reasons for constipation and headache, the list can be as follows:
- Accumulation of toxins in the body
- Hormonal imbalance
- Odd eating habits
- Improper intake of fiber
The causes of headache and constipation are often related to the lifestyle choices, once these are addressed your overall health will improve.
When we are talking about headache, it varies from person to person, some have it on one side of the head while some have on the other, some feel it as sharp and throbbing on both the side while other experience a dull, constant headache. Different types of headaches have been discovered, which includes migraines, sinus, cluster, chronic, and tension.
If headache and constipation occur once in a life span, there is no need to worry because the problem may usually occur due to water retention, less consumption of fiber, unwanted stress, or a bad lifestyle and the good news is that it disappears on their own after some time. But if it frequent or persistent then you need to consult a doctor and get it checked.
Constipation is often caused due to bad eating habits, wrong lifestyle choices, use of excessive medications, etc., but there are certain ways through which we can cure constipation and can quickly recover from the headache. They are as follows:
- Hydration is must: As we all know that 75% of our body is of water and it is a vital source to keep our body healthy. Getting enough water will help relieve constipation symptoms. Experts suggest that a body needs at least 8glasses of water every day to keep the digestive system working. Also, drinking plenty of water helps to get rid of a headache, which we usually get when our body is dehydrated.
- Exercise: For a healthy body or to have a good immune system, it is essential to do 30 minutes of workout daily, which includes a brisk walk, yoga, aerobics or normal daily routine activities. Exercise keeps you healthy and boosts energy levels in your body.
- Load your plate with fruits and vegetables- You might notice your grandparents always saying that they used to focus on eating more fruits and vegetables because a healthy snacking is more fruitful when it comes to maintaining a healthy body. Colorful fruits and green vegetables contain essential nutrients that not only nourishes but also strengthen our body system.
- Go with whole grains to fill up for fiber-Look for oatmeal, whole grain bread, wheat bran cereal, and ground flax seed. It is advisable to get up to 35 grams of fiber a day, and it is believed that only one ounce of wheat bran cereal gives you 100 grams.
- Meditation is the key: In our busy lives, where we are so stressed that we don’t realize that it’s tampering our body not from outside but from inside as well. Stress is not considered good for our brain and tummy; therefore, to break the tension, we need to do meditation. In addition, stress is the primary reason for people’s unhealthy eating habits or overeating. Many people prefer doing unhealthy snacking which is not good for the body system and ultimately leads to constipation.
- Eating probiotic foods or probiotic supplement: One of the reasons for constipation is imbalance bacteria’s in the body. Taking probiotic food and supplements can help in balancing them and can start the bowel movement.
Prevention to be taken to avoid constipation and headache:
Good health means taking best care of yourself which means eating a healthy diet, getting regular exercise, managing stress, and appropriate fiber intake. Once you find trouble living with constipation and headache and doesn’t get relief by these highlighted lifestyle modifications, consult a doctor and get the reasonable aid accordingly.
However, to avoid these symptoms and lead a healthy life, it is important to incorporate certain habits like drinking plenty of water, eating more fiber, and doing regular exercise.