A chalazion cyst appears in the form of a lump in the eyelids, and it is caused by blocked oil gland in the eyelid. The fluid-filled swelling in the eyelid usually about 2-8mm in size. The small lump can develop on either one or both sides of eyelids simultaneously and most commonly on the upper eyelid. The lump is usually not painful but can cause discomfort. Many eyelid cysts will disappear on its own after about a month. If not, you can try eye ointments, prescription medicines are available online to treat chalazion cysts. Consider alldaychemist.com for generic medicine online.
Treat a Chalazion cyst with home remedies
Here are a few effective home remedies that can provide relief from the pain and inflammation caused by an eyelid cyst:
- Aloe Vera- An effective treatment for chalazion cyst, AloVera contains inflammatory properties that help to relieve redness, swelling, and inflammation. The antibacterial properties of the green plant help to treat the infection. You can apply fresh Aloe Vera gel directly on the cyst and let it work for about fifteen minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water. Repeat the process a few times a day.
- Mint Leaves- they are the best antiseptic green leaves for chalazion cysts. They soothe the soreness and swelling caused by the eyelid cyst. The following leaves help to deal with itchiness and scratches. Crush some mint leaves and apply on the affected area for five minutes. Then wash it with tap water.
- Castor Oil- Another effective treatment for chalazion cyst. The anti-inflammatory properties of castor oil help to reduce inflammation and pain occurring from the cysts. Apply it on the affected area and leave it for fifteen minutes and then rinse it with lukewarm water. Repeat the process thrice a day to get rid of the eyelid cyst.
- Warm compress- It is considered the most helpful remedy when it comes to treating an eyelid cyst at home. The heat produced by the warm compress boosts the drainage of the gland and enhance blood circulation to the affected area. Warm compress is also a great idea to reduce pain and swelling associated with the cyst. Dip a cotton cloth in warm water and remove the excess water and place it on the eyelid cyst for about five minutes. Repeat the process thrice a day to get complete relief from the problem.
- Green Tea Bags- A popular remedy to treat eyelid cyst. Green tea is also believed to reduce pain and inflammation. It also reduces the size of the cyst, making it smaller and less visible. The tea contains tannic acid, which is thought to keep the infection away. Apply a green tea bag for at least ten minutes. Make sure you squeeze out the excess water. Follow procedure 4 to 5 times a day to get relief.
- Bitter Gourd- the green vegetable is known to have detoxifying properties which help to deal with chalazion cyst. Eating bitter gourd helps in cleaning of the skin from inside. You can also place a slice of it on the cyst to get rid of an eyelid cyst. Drinking its juice on an empty stomach can also provide relief.
- Tea Tree Oil- Studies suggest that an eyelid scrub made from 50% tea tree oil can help stop the recurrence of eyelid cysts. Always apply to dilute tea tree oil on your skin, especially around the eyes. A mixture of 50% water and 50% tea tree oil is absolutely safe for an eyelid wash, but be careful, avoid the solution to get into your eyes.
- Omega 3 Fatty Acid Supplements- These essential fatty acids can have a great impact on one’s eye health. A research study showed that taking omega 3 fatty acid supplements can lead to fewer eyelid problems.
Latest posts by Amelia Smith (see all)
- Are You Experiencing Lash Fallout More Often? - January 10, 2019
- Few Effective Home Remedies For Chalazion - December 30, 2018
- Best Foods That Reduce The Development Of Acne On The Skin - December 20, 2018