Beauty is very important for every person and he/she can do anything for it. Right from the proper care by using artificial cosmetic products and other natural treatments, people apply everything to look good. Yes, we care for our body and overall appearance, but we shouldn’t forget to take care of our eyes. Basically, eyes provide us sight and vision due to which we are able to observe the world around us in all its beauty and intricacy.
Good eye health and proper care is very important, but poor care of eyes may lead to low vision and blindness. Poor eye health also has direct effects on individuals, families, and communities by decreasing their quality of life. Moreover, to reverse the devastating impacts of poor eye health on life, people should apply eye various care products including medicated eye drops, eye moisturizers, and other eye medicines.
Common eye problems, which you shouldn’t ignore:
There are several eye problems that are common among people, these include:
- Cataracts- Cataract progresses as a person’s age increases, and it is a fact that people have to face it at any point in their lifetime. Basically, cataracts are cloudy areas that develop within the eye lens. It means that when a cataract is present, the light cannot get through the lens easily, which results in vision impairment.
- Conjunctivitis (Pink eye) – Pink eye is a condition in which the tissue that lines the eyelids and covers the cornea becomes inflamed. Some of the signs of pink eye include redness, burning, tearing, itching, discharge, or a feeling of something in the eye. Conjunctivitis may influence people of all ages and can be caused by exposure to chemicals, infections, and irritants.
- Hypotrichosis– This is a medical condition in which hair grows in an abnormal pattern or there is no growth of hair. Hypotrichosis mainly affects the eyelashes of a person in which these don’t grow properly. Basically, Careprost is a very effective medicine for a person to grow longer eyelashes. Careprost can be used or applied by the people at night before going to bed by cleaning his/her eyes and eyelashes properly with an eyeliner brush. Now, you can apply Careprost by dipping the brush in the medicine and apply a thin layer on upper lid starting from the inner part to upper part of lashes. Keep in mind not to apply the solution on lower lid as it may drain down automatically to the lower lid. Moreover, try to avoid the solution’s contact with any other part on the skin as it may trigger the growth of unwanted hair on the unwanted part. You can clearly and effectively see the results within eight weeks of daily usage. Furthermore, people can avail the above mentioned product from various online or beauty care stores.
How you can maintain good eye health?
For maintaining proper eye health, you have to put up various efforts for it. Some of the basic tips include washing your eyes regularly and taking of your eye makeup every time you go to bed. Apart from these effective and helpful tips, below are various other important points, which you should keep in your mind:
It is a known fact that carrots are loaded with beta carotene, which is helpful in maintaining healthy eyes. It is because beta carotene is an antioxidant, which reduces the risk of macular degeneration. Some other foods, you should eat to keep your eyes healthy:
- Broccoli and Brussels sprouts are great for your eyes because these contain lots of vitamin C.
- Spinach and sweet potatoes are the healthy options for maintaining good eyes because these contain beta carotene. Moreover, spinach contains lots of vitamin C, zeaxanthin, and lutein.
- Wild salmon fish is also a healthy option for your eyes because of the natural content of omega-3 fats, which are the good fats for your body. Furthermore, omega-3 fats help in protecting tiny blood vessels in the eyes.Also Read: Ten Important Nutrients Every Woman Needs
Smoking is a bunch of various deadly diseases and it also makes you more likely to get cataract, macular degeneration and optic nerve damage. So, try to quit smoking as soon as possible before it leads to a whole host of other medical issues.
Avoid wearing contact lenses for long hours
Try to avoid wearing contact lenses for more than 19 hours in a single day because wearing lenses for long hours can cause permanent sight damage as well as extreme discomfort to your eyes. Try to avoid contact lenses when sleeping because your eyes require regular suppy of oxygen, and lenses block the flow of oxygen to the eyes, especially while you sleep. So, it is recommended by the doctors for you to give a break to your eyes during the night.
Using UV protective sunglasses:
Prolonged exposure to UV rays can harm your eyesight, so try to wear polarized lenses. Exposure to UV rays increases the risks of cataracts, macular degeneration, and harmful conditions of the eyes. Make sure to wear sunglasses at all times.
Wear protective goggles:
Make sure to wear goggles or other eye protective wear when you are in the area of chemicals or other harmful airborne particulates. Wearing goggles minimize the entry of harmful material in the eye region and keep your eyes safe.
Try to spend less time looking at your computer screen:
In the modern world, it is impossible for a person to avoid computer or laptop screens. But, it would be better for you to give your eyes a break between work sessions because staring at computer screens for too long can cause eye strain, blurry vision, headaches, and dry eyes. So, to avoid these problems follow the below mentioned steps:
- You may use glasses or contact lenses, which are adequate for computer use.
- Try to position your computer at an eye level, which will help and prevent you from getting neck pains.
- One of the most effective steps is to use an anti-glare screen.
- Try to blink your eyes every 30 seconds because people blink less when they’re looking at a screen, causing drier eyes.
Exercising of eyes is a self cure for keeping your eyes fit and healthy. You can exercise your eyes by focusing on objects that are near to you, than objects that are far away. Repeat this process multiple times, as this will provide relaxation to your eyes.
Visit your eye specialist regularly:
Each and every person should get their eyes examined regularly because it helps you in protecting your sight. A frequent visit i.e. every 2 years is a must because early diagnosis of the eye disease helps in getting early treatment, which helps in healthy eye sight.
Also Read: 9 Worst Eyecare Mistakes You’re Making!
Spread awareness on eye care by sharing this page on other social pages. Also, remember to post comments in case you have any queries.