While there are many approaches to eating healthy, certain foods are guaranteed to improve your skin health. So, if you want to up your beauty game, your first have to makeover your diet. Fatty fish, eggs, dark leafy vegetables, fruits, whole grains, almonds, walnuts, and green tea are good food for healthy skin.
Healthy skin is at the top of almost everyone’s wish lists, leading to a boom in the skincare industry. A lot of skin care products online are available to choose from. But it is equally important to nourish your skin from the inside, and you can do this by eating healthy food. If you feel like your skin becomes dull, you lose your glow, or you wish to maintain your best radiant skin, then continue to read about foods that are good for your skin.
The skin has a crucial role in the human system. Numerous factors affect its appearance and function. Various skin conditions and fast ageing are responsible for certain skin health disturbances. The majority of us are born with healthy, soft skin. However, as we age, our skin becomes less able to cope with everyday skin stress.
The good news is that although good skin is partly due to our genes, there is a lot we can do to maintain a youthful for as long as possible. It may be important to note that no foods should be completely avoided, and there are also no foods that can be eaten for radiant skin. Certain vitamins and minerals have an important role in skin health, such as vitamins A, C, E, riboflavin, pyridoxine, zinc, and selenium. If you do not get enough of these, it could cause health complications.
Many foods listed as foods good for skin are also the same that will help against ageing, are collagen rich, control acne, and are filled with the essential vitamins that help you maintain healthy skin and even help your hair and nails.
Variety is Key
An adequate and balanced diet comprised of various foods is extremely important. To keep your skin healthy, eat a well-balanced diet with plenty of protein foods, fresh fruits and vegetables, and liquids. Here are foods that are rich in skin-loving nutrients and antioxidants to help you keep your skin clear and healthy:
- Fatty fish such as salmon, sardines, and Mackerel, these fish contain omega-3 essential fatty acids that act as building blocks for healthy skin cells and maintain a healthy skin barrier.
- Eggs are rich in protein and contain biotin (vitamin B), essential for healthy skin.
- Dark leafy vegetables like green beans, sweet potato, broccoli, carrots, squash, tomato, pumpkin, and pepper – minerals, vitamins, and fiber are some great options that help you achieve healthy skin.
- Fruits- Avocado, papaya, orange, watermelon, mango, pomegranate, banana, apple, kiwi, mango, apricot, organic berries (raspberries, cranberries, strawberries, acai berries, goji berries)- contain antioxidants rich in minerals and vitamins, are anti-inflammatory and high in fiber.
- Mushrooms- are a good source of vitamin D.
- Almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts, sesame, sunflower, and pumpkin seeds contain natural fatty acids and vitamin E that help to increase skin hydration and keep fine lines and wrinkles at bay.
- Whole grains, legumes, and beans- High in vitamins, calcium, iron, phosphorous, zinc, and magnesium. These are great sources of folate and are low in saturated fat.
- Green tea contains antioxidants that fight DNA damage from UV rays to prevent skin cancer. It also has anti-inflammatory properties that help improve skin tone and reduce acne.
- Water – Consuming adequate water helps flush out toxins from our system and keeps your skin clear, hydrated, and more youthful.
What Are The Best Anti-Ageing foods?
The idea behind anti-ageing foods is to keep your skin hydrated, maintain healthy levels of fatty acids and focus on foods high in antioxidants, vitamin C, and vitamin E. Food has a complex impact on the entire body system. You can use certain products to reduce the signs of ageing, but eating certain foods can also help you avoid those fine lines and wrinkles. If your goal is to achieve and maintain a younger-looking skin, eat these foods for clear skin.
- Wild caught salmon
- Organic blueberries (antioxidants)
- Avocado (omega 3)
- Green leafy vegetables (Vitamins A, B, C, and K iron, calcium)
- Almonds and walnuts (vitamin E, antioxidants)
- Kiwi (vitamin C)
- Mushrooms (vitamin B, D, copper, selenium)
- Green tea (fights free radicals that lead to fine lines and wrinkles)
- Dark chocolate (antioxidants and flavonols that are great for skin firming
The most important food tip is to choose a variety of foods. No one food or group can provide all the nutrients with your body needs. Many studies suggest a balanced diet that contains enough protein, essential vitamins, and minerals provides a rich supply of antioxidants which help protect our skin from environmental stress that could cause damage. Enjoying a healthy balanced diet, including at least 5-a-day of various colourful fruits and green leafy vegetables, means incorporating a variety of best foods for healthy skin from each food group in the right proportions.