The discomfort that acid reflux cause can make it difficult to work, relax, even sleep. Stomach abnormalities, pregnancy, and smoking are the common causes of GERD or Gastroesophageal reflux disease. The good news is that there are natural remedies that can effectively relieve acid reflux symptoms. The natural remedy that tops the list is apple cider vinegar, which works fast because the vinegar has the potential to alkalizes your pH. However, there is more stomach acid cure that is available besides apple cider vinegar, like ginger tea, baking soda, lemon, Aloe Vera, etc. Read on to discover some natural yet effective treatments for GERD.
What is Acid Reflux?
Acid reflux is a condition that occurs when stomach acid escapes from your stomach and come up into your esophagus, where it irritates the lining of your esophagus. The condition can go from mild to chronic in a short period. There are stomach acid relief medicines that can help manage the symptoms of acid reflux, such as antacids. However, they are not necessary, because there are much natural treatment for GERD or Gastroesophageal reflux disease that are effective and very simple to use.
Natural remedies for quick relief from acid reflux
The following are the natural treatment for GERD that helps to eliminate acid reflux. These are the easiest short-term solutions for acid reflux that are likely in your kitchen right now.
- Apple cider vinegar– The major cause of acid reflux is the presence of excess amounts of acidity in the stomach. Acidity can be caused by eating sugar-rich foods since sugar is acid-forming. Drinking one to two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar per day can help in reducing the acid level in the stomach. It may seem counterintuitive to consume something that tastes acidic when you already have too much acid in your stomach. However, apple cider vinegar is alkaline-forming because the body doesn’t require to produce acid to digest it. This means it can neutralize stomach acid. Taking apple cider vinegar along with meals may enhance your digestive system in a way that there is a better breakdown of food and better absorption. It is believed that better digestion can help prevent acid reflux problem.
- Aloe Vera- It is a powerful plant that has a wide variety of benefits including stomach acid cure. It is extremely beneficial in case of acid reflux as it can soothe irritated tissue and fight inflammation. Blend it with fresh orange juice for a healthy breakfast. This mixture can help prevent acid reflux help you get rid of symptoms such as the irritated and inflamed esophagus.
- Lemon- Lemon can eliminate acid reflux. Like apple cider vinegar, lemon is also alkaline-forming and thus neutralize stomach acid. Drink one tablespoon of lemon juice ten minutes before having a meal to reduce acid reflux symptoms.
- Baking soda- It has a high pH level, which helps neutralize stomach acid. If the acid escapes from your stomach and irritates the lining of your esophagus, baking soda help stop the acid from burning the lining.
- Ginger tea- Ginger is an effective home remedy for all kinds of health-related issues. It is extremely effective in relieving motion sickness and improving blood circulation. It is good for heart health, improves the immune system and beneficial for fighting bacterial infections. Along with these benefits. Ginger can ward off acid reflux. Add a few thin slices of ginger in water and boil it for 10 to 15 minutes to make a ginger tea. Drink it to calm an upset tummy and stop stomach issues from even occurring.
- Chewing gum- chewing gum enhances saliva production in your mouth, which is useful in reducing the amount of acid in your esophagus, says clinical experts.
- Probiotics- Probiotics enhances digestion. Eating probiotic food, including kimchi or kombucha can help improve digestive system health and reduces incidents of acid reflux or other stomach related issues.
Also, wearing tight clothes can press your stomach and cause the acid level to rise in your stomach. This especially occurs when you were tonight pants, jeans, belts, or corsets. Instead of wearing tight-fitting clothes choose to loose-fitting clothes as they won’t press your stomach even when you sit down and your stomach acid level will remain stable.
Also Read: 7 Ways to Treat Acid Reflux