The alpha blocker drugs are prescribed for the treatment of high blood pressure. The high blood pressure is one issue that is causing a critical problem in the life of many people in the world. A healthy lifestyle is an important step needed to be taken to keep the blood pressure in control; still, there are various causes of High blood pressure.
High blood pressure: It is also known as hypertension. While having high blood pressure, the blood flows with a difficulty and it struggles to flow through the vessels. The blood vessels become stiffened and it is the reason behind the restricted flow of the blood. The pressure with which the blood pushes against the walls of the vessels to flow through it is called blood pressure, but when the blood pushes too hard then it becomes high blood pressure.
Causes of high blood pressure:
- Age is a reason behind hypertension and the older you get chances of having high BP increases.
- Heredity also rules blood pressure. If your close family members had high blood pressure then chances are you too can have it, if you don’t follow a healthy lifestyle to prevent the same.
- Ethnic background also decides whether you are at risk of hypertension or not. People with African and/or South Asian ancestry are more at risk of hypertension than Europe and North American.
- Females have less chances of getting high BP than the adult males. Young males are more at risk, but after the age of 60 years, both males and females become at equal risk of getting affected by hypertension.
- Obesity is another reason behind hypertension. Extra weight around the body in the form of muscle, bone, fat and/or water. Obesity and overweight invite
- Smoking cigarettes cause the narrowing of blood vessels and thus increases the risk of hypertension.
- Lack of physical activity is raising the chances of hypertension.
- Stress, diabetes, and a diet with high salt and fat intake are also the reason behind high blood pressure.
High blood pressure treatment:
To reduce blood pressure there are different ways and methods. BP can be managed easily with the help of a healthy lifestyle and heart healthy diet. Blood pressure medications are also prescribed by the doctors in case BP becomes too high to keep in control with only dietary changes.
To keep the BP in control different methods are:
- Include a good quality diet and also reduce the salt intake
- Limit your alcohol consumption
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Manage stress carefully
- Regular physical activity is also good for the heart health
- Avoid smoking
- Take medication only according to the prescription
Opt for a healthy lifestyle to reduce the blood pressure and also to prevent the chances of having a high blood pressure. The different methods will also help to increase the effectivity of the Blood pressure medications for the high blood pressure. Such a heart-friendly lifestyle is good for other body functions such as kidney functionality.
Medications for high blood pressure:
The common drugs that are used for the treat of high blood pressure and to keep the BP in control are:
- Renin inhibitors
- Thiazide diuretics
- Beta blockers
- Calcium channel blockers
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors
- Angiotensin II receptor blockers (ARBs)
Take the medications such as alpha blockers just as prescribed for the treatment and also change the lifestyle as per the need of keeping your blood pressure in control. It is very necessary to manage your blood pressure so that you can keep your heart and kidney healthy.
Latest posts by Max Jones (see all)
- Satisfying a Woman - February 21, 2018
- Natural Male Enhancement (Tadalafil, Vardenafil, Sildenafil) - February 13, 2018
- How Does Sildenafil Work? - February 11, 2018