Most of us think of sea water as a delicious coarse-grained salt that we sprinkled on salads and used while making recipes. But it’s not only for foodies; these potent granules play a vital role in skin care treatment.
Sea Salt- An Overview
Salt water is a healthy alternative to table salt. It is packed with skin-friendly minerals like magnesium, potassium, and calcium and has been used for the stomach to skin ailments for centuries. This mineral-rich water was first used as a remedy dates back to the ancient times. Modern medicine has also harnessed the power of sea salt. This healthy and extremely beneficial water for skin care treatment is sourced from exotic locations all over the world. The benefits also include improvement of body system’s ability to remove toxins and overall digestion. Use 100 % natural sea salt to attain maximum benefits. This salty water provides several health benefits, although keep in mind that drinking in excess can cause several diseases including hypernatremia.
Sea water and skin care treatments
So, how can we use salt to improve our skin health? Sea water is one of the cost-effective natural skin care products. Here are some effective suggestions that can be taken into consideration for a healthy skin care regimen.
- Control acne formation- Salt water is beneficial for reducing acne. The minerals present in the sea salt is capable of absorbing toxins in the body, including the acne-causing bacteria. By killing the cause of acne (acne-causing bacteria). The skin care product effectively removes excess oil from the skin. The salt water has potassium and sulfur that helps to eliminate all impurities and toxins that are on the skin.
- Exfoliate for a healthy glow- The mineral properties of salt water act as a great skin exfoliator. The sea salt opens up the clogged pores by cleansing deep into the skin and purifies the skin by encouraging blood flow. Sea salt granules mixed with water offer an excellent exfoliation by sloughing off dead skin cells while leaving skin with a natural glow.
- Excellent facial toner- Sea water can be a great natural facial toner for your skin. You can make it by dissolving half tsp of salt water into a half cup of distilled water. You can keep the solution in a spray bottle. One can also add a few drops of lavender oil, essential oil to make it more effective. Spray it regularly and dry face. Wait for a few seconds and then apply a moisturizer.
- Anti-ageing natural ingredient- Aging symptoms such as wrinkles can be overcome by using therapeutic salt water along with olive oil. It helps tighten skin, which is good for lifting sagging skin. The high magnesium content in salt water increases cell turnover. This keeps your skin rejuvenated and youthful.
- Skin softener- Rough knees, elbows, and heels can be softened using a sea salt bath or scrub.
- Good moisturizer- Essential minerals found in sea salts such as calcium, sodium, zinc, and magnesium helps in improving the skin’s overall quality and texture. These essential minerals promote intercellular communication that skin required to stay healthy.
- Natural antiseptic agent- Sea salt is a powerful antibiotic agent, it has the ability to inhibit bacterial growth and is mild enough on the skin.
- Overcoming oily skin- By performing regular maintenance with salt water, the excess oil from the skin can be lost.
- Heal cuts and skin sores- Has anyone told to go into the oceans if you get a cut or scrape? Seawater helps you get rid of toxins and heals cut. The sea salt dries out the pus in wounds. It may hurt a little when you first touch the sea water, but when you come out of it, you will find your sores to be much less painful than they were earlier.
- Control eczema- Sea salt, especially Epsom salt is beneficial for eczema sufferers. It has anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties that ease itching prevents the development of eczema causing bacteria.
- Treats psoriasis- Did you know the sea salt can also help relieve symptoms of psoriasis. It helps psoriasis patients by removing dry, flaky and scaly patches caused by psoriasis.
These skin care tips help keep your skin glowing and healthy.
Latest posts by Max Jones (see all)
- Is Your Eyelash Serum Causing Any Long Lasting Damage? - December 11, 2018
- Know If Exercise Can Cure a Migraine - November 21, 2018
- Few Myths and Facts about Hair Loss! - November 16, 2018