When you think about improving your sex life, cosmopolitan articles, and books based on sexual health likely flash through your mind. But still, they didn’t get the right idea to follow a healthy sexual life. For such people, we bring you with some science-backed suggestions lifestyle adjustments, and benefits of yoga that can have a just as big effect on your sexual life as anything written in a book.
The following suggestions will spice things up with your partner and improve your sexual life. Consider these things, year’s findings from sexual health professionals. Here’s what science says you should focus on improving sex life:
- Consider some erotic fiction- There are so many ways you and your partner can turn in on. Reading erotic fiction is one of the oldest and effective natural ways to get in the mood for sex. Reading in a calm environment and allows you to concentrate on your body and keep you away from external distractions. The stories are not only for entertainment purpose but also provide you with some good ideas for what you and your partner can get up to. One can also try mood, including activities such as erotic massaging, sensual communication, etc.
- Eat a ton of aphrodisiac foods- Focus on foods that are pleasurable, and sensual to eat like peaches, figs, chocolates, and oysters. These foods are the most famous aphrodisiac and taste good.
- Pay attention to your body reactions towards birth control– Whether you are using a pill, the patch, or an IUD, putting hormones into your body can decrease your sex drive. While taking birth control pills, consider tracking your arousal levels before taking the pill and then for a few months while taking the pill, and then compare the two. The effects vastly differ in women taking birth control pills. If you are taking the pill for a long time trying to stop it and see if that changes things. But be sure to use another protective measure. One can also talk to their sexual health expert to investigate a copper IUD, which is a very effective birth control measure.
- Try dealing with your stress- According to clinical studies, stress and anxiety are considered as the biggest sex drive killers. Sexual stimulation is difficult if you are stressed out or depressed. Not getting aroused will stress you more at that time. To get rid of stress and anxiety, you need to make some lifestyle changes. To lead a happy and healthy sex life, you need to create a space in your life for it. It is good to spend 20 minutes of uninterrupted quality time with your partner every day. Avoid checking emails, or Instagram distractions for the time; try to spend electronic free quality time with your better half. This will increase the communication between the two, which help you get stimulated and allow you to leave a healthy sex life. Stress management is the best treatment for ED.
Benefits of Yoga
Perhaps a lesser-known way to solve sexual issues like erectile dysfunction or ED is yoga. The benefits of yoga are countless. The practice can help the body to relax, which is one of the main factors that support achieving an erection satisfactory for intercourse. This way yoga improves overall cardiovascular health of a man, reducing stress and anxiety. Treatment for ED is necessary so try these seven yoga poses to beat ED:
- Plank (kumbhakasana)-One of the most beneficial poses, plank improves endurance during intercourse. You get upper strength as the additional benefit.
- Boat pose (Naukasana)- The practice of boat pose activates male sex hormones and help them to stay longer in between the sheets by strengthening the pelvic muscles.
- Raised leg pose (uttanpadasana)- Practising this posture strengthen your core muscles and help you last longer in bed, particularly when you opt for the classic missionary position. Raised leg position includes your pelvic area, thus boosting blood flow to the area.
- Bow pose (dhanurasana)-Bow pose stimulated reproductive organs. Apart from solving erection issues, bow pose also helps a man with premature ejaculation.
- Half-moon pose (ardhachandrasana)-This is extremely beneficial for improving sexual stamina and endurance which are crucial factors for sexual health. The half-moon pose also assists with toning the pelvic area.
- Half camel pose (ardhaustrasana)-The pose has a beneficial impact on man’s reproductive system. It improves digestion and helps tone the entire body.
- Seated forward bend (pachimottanasana)-This is another, yet effective yoga pose that can combats ED and help a man to last longer in the bedroom. It targets perineal muscles that are present in between scrotum and penis, resulting in improvement and endurance and strength.
Yoga benefits male sexual health. It improves blood flow and strengthens muscles to help you perform better in between the sheets.