A healthy body and mind is what almost everyone desires. Yoga, arguably, is the path to that state of body and mind. Yoga a Sanskrit word, is a discipline from the ancient Indian tradition. It is a practice that uses posture and breathing techniques to help relax the body and improve its strength. Nobody is too young or too old to benefit from the goodness of yoga and its ultimate goal is to provide Moksha or Liberation of the Self.
Depending on the individual’s needs, yoga can be practiced by anyone of any age with any kind of physical condition. We have seen that athletes and dancers practice yoga for the purpose of restoring their energy and improving stamina. Housewives too can perform yoga to feel energized and reduce fatigue levels. Children too can perform yoga to control their wandering mind and improve both memory and concentration. Basically, yoga breathing techniques commonly known as Pranayama are very powerful, as they work effectively to reduce stress, insomnia, depressed state of mind, and emotional imbalance.
Yoga doesn’t mean that a person has to perform intensely; even basic yoga poses have multiple benefits. These are given below:
Simple yoga exercises for weight loss-
Getting into shape using massage gels, creams and pills may seem effective initially, but will have a long term effect on the body. Yoga on the other hand is natural therapy. In order to get a toned body, physical strength, and flexibility, given below are various simple yoga exercises for beginners:
• Warrior pose- This yoga asana is known as ‘Virbhadrasana’. To perform this yoga pose, you just need to stand straight with your legs far apart. Raise your arms up in the air and stretch them. Now, clasp both the hands in a ‘Namaste’ and turn to your right leg to a full 90 degrees and then turn your left leg in the same direction and stretch it. Keep your back straight and look upwards towards your hands facing the sky. This yoga pose is an effective weight loss technique, which also provides good body strength.
•Chair pose –
This yoga pose is also regarded as ‘Utkatasana’. For this you just need to stand straight, stretch your hands up in the air. Now lower yourself to bend your knees, keeping your thighs parallel to the floor, just like you would sit on a chair. Stay in this position for about 30 seconds. Performing this simple yoga exercise will help you reduce weight.
Also Read: Aerobics a Positive Path of Losing Weight
Simple yoga exercises for a flat stomach:
It’s a struggle shedding flab around the tummy. We work out for hours at the gym, go on various diets, but nothing seems to work. Here, yoga can help as losing weight the yoga way, you need to relax and stop ‘worrying’ about your body fat. There are various asanas or poses, which may help you lose your overall weight, if done regularly. Below are various simple yoga exercises which can help you get a flat stomach:
• Bridge pose: This yoga pose is also known as ‘Setu Bandh’. To perform this yoga pose, you have to lie down on your back. Now, bend your knees in such a way that your feet rest on the floor. Try to keep the distance between your feet and buttocks as same as your hands. Now, squeeze your inner thighs together, as doing this will help you in lifting your hips higher and give your abs a perfect workout. Try to repeat this pose 5-10 times.
Simple yoga exercises for back pain:
It has been proved in various studies that the power of practicing simple yoga exercises for back pain improves the back function. Yoga is very beneficial for those with occasional soreness or chronic aches, as certain and simple yoga poses may help in strengthening the muscles and improving the spine. Below are various simple yoga exercises for back pain.
• Downward-facing dog- This yoga pose stretches the total body and targets back extensors. Downward-facing dog yoga pose supports your spine and also helps you stand and lift objects. To perform this yoga asana, you just need to get in a position like a dog. Stretch your hands slightly in front of your shoulders. Now, press back and raise your knees away from the floor and raise your bottom up towards the ceiling. Gently push your heels toward the floor and hold the position for about 5 to 10 breaths. Try to repeat the exercise five to six times.
Also Read: Effective Foods For Beating Calories
• Triangle pose- This yoga pose stretches the sides of the body and helps stretch the back muscles. Start with a standing position. Firstly, stand straight, next, stick your your left foot out backwards about 4 feet and point it out at a 45 degree angle. Now, turn your chest to the side and stretch your right arm towards the ground and the left arm towards the ceiling. Try to keep both your legs straight. Remember, it is not necessary for you to touch the ground with your right arm in the first attempt, so avoid over-stretching. Only bend as far as you can while maintaining a straight back. Finally, after getting into the position, hold the same for 5 to 10 breaths and then switch to the other side. Repeat the process, if needed.
So there’s absolutely no need to fork out a hefty fee to trainers and gym instructors for getting into shape. The simple yoga exercise poses mentioned here are enough to give you good benefits. These help you trim the flab around your stomach, reduce weight, and improve your back muscles. These simple yoga exercises can be performed at home. You just need to browse the internet and turn on YouTube where you will find all poses or asanas as per your requirement.
Latest posts by Amelia Smith (see all)
- The Best Hair Loss Treatment and Products - November 6, 2018
- Careprost: The Best Eyelash Growth Serum to Get Longer Eyelashes - October 24, 2018
- Sign and Symptoms of Low Testosterone - October 14, 2018