Nowadays, in this fast growing world things are changing rapidly. If we go back in history, we see how man preferred homemade food. But now, dependence on an unhealthy food is growing. Seeing, smelling or even listening to music can make us hungry. Thinking about tempting foods can make us salivate. We take food for granted and that is why young children become obese. 70% of Americans are overweight or obese. According to CDC report, 36% of Americans are obese and 34% are overweight. One must determine how much calories he need on a daily basis. The number of calories one needs varies on the basis of height, weight or physical activity. Factors like basal metabolic rate, physical activities and thermo effect of food helps to calculate one’s calorie need. Excess intake of calories is the main reason one gains weight but there are other reasons as well. To keep a track of your calorie intake is always the best way of weight loss.
- Watching lots of television shows makes a man inactive. He starts eating fries, chocolates or any snack which is packed with unwanted calories and fat.
- Sleeping late at night is a trend of youth. Research says sleeping late at night can contribute to weight gain.
- Stress is another reason for weight gain. The society in which we live has lot of expectations from us. Unfullfilment of demand adds to stress, anxiety, depression and nervousness.
- Some people suffer from health problems like thyroid and abnormal menstrual cycle that leads to unnecessary weight gain.
- Heredity is another reason for weight gain. Generally a child gains some extra pounds if his parents or ancestors are overweight.
- Relying on junk food items like hamburgers, pastries, donuts, pizza and hotdogs enhances the fat and calorie intake in the body which leads to weight gain.
A healthy diet and a healthy body are closely connected. A diet rich in proteins, nutrients, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals makes a man fit and healthy. A good diet is really important for weight loss. According to dieticians, 30% exercise and 70% healthy diet plays a major role in fitness and weight loss. One can replace all fatty ingredients from his meal to make it healthier. There are some food items that help to reduce weight and burn calories:
- Grapefruit– Grapefruit is a best source of vitamin C. The fruit contains about 60% of water, providing healthy fiber that enhances functioning of digestive system. It also supports our immunity system and boosts the metabolism which helps in burning more calories. It has phytonutrients like limonoids that protects us from getting tumors in the stomach, colon or lungs and promotes cardiovascular health. Eating grapefruit in breakfast meals provides energy to the body and reduces cold symptoms. People who consume this fruit daily or frequently have about 16% lower level of bad cholesterol. Vitamin C reduces the risk of getting asthma and inflammatory conditions like osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Lettuce and green leaves- Lettuce and green leaves are made up water and it helps in burning of calories. Our intake or urge to have sweets usually decreases when we eat green leaves. It contains all the nutrients and is a rich source of minerals like iron, calcium, potassium and magnesium. Vitamins like K, C, E , B and omega3 fats are found in green leaves that improve our health and helps to burn plentiful of calories. It helps in regulating blood clots, makes bones strong and reduces the chances of getting diabetes or arthritis. Some green vegetables one can have are spinach, cabbage and sprouts.
- Lean meats- If a person is fed up of fruits and vegetables, he may shift on to lean meat which contains abundance of proteins. Proteins have only four calories and fat contains around nine calories. Some examples of lean proteins are: turkey, chicken and low fat porks, which increases our metabolism and burns calories even in the situation of rest. The higher the metabolic rate, the faster body responds in burning calories. Lean meat is an effective and healthy food that helps in maintaining stable weight. Whenever you prepare lean meat, either grill or bake it and reduce frying.
- Soyabeans– Having soyabean three to five times a week helps to reduce weight. Soy contains high quality protein that helps in building lean muscle mass. Eating soy protein satisfies us and fills our tummy. This reduces body’s urge to have snacks in between meals and helps to reduce weight. Also soy protein is low in fats and carbohydrates and has a low glycemic index which prevents rise in blood sugar level.
- Chilli peppers– Chilly pepper is a natural weight loss food. It comes in different colours and it is added to many different low calorie foods for some flavour. It contains a compound named capsaicin that boosts metabolism of body, helping the body to burn fat. Habanero is the best example of pepper that helps in shedding fat. Be sure not to consume chilli pepper in large amounts as the meal could become largely unhealthy.
Oats, spices, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, nuts, beans and egg whites are some more foods that burn fats. Apple, lemon, berries and oranges are the fruits that boost our metabolism and help in reducing weight. Apple and berries has chemical named pectin which helps to reduce body’s capacity in absorbing other foods like fat.
Healthy recipes to reduce weight
If one wishes to reduce weight, he could do so by eliminating some fatty ingredients from the meal. One can start with a healthy anti cholesterol shake including papaya, orange or banana in the morning. A healthy chicken stew which has some green veggies is the preferred option during lunch. A vegetarian can opt for a low calorie recipe which must include proteins, nutrients and carbohydrates. As an evening snack, you can eat snacks and junk food like hamburgers or fries. Try to have cucumber pancakes as your evening meal which is a healthy recipe. Always try to have something light in dinner like green salad containing lettuce leaves. If still he feels hungry then he can eat a bowl full of salad which is best and healthy for the body.
Other ways to reduce weight
Eating a healthy diet is the most effective way to reduce weight. Try to cook food with minimum oil followed by 3 tsp per person a day. Physical activities also play a major role in weight loss. One can follow yoga which helps in bringing inner peace, stress relief, improvement of immunity, better energy and weight reduction. Swimming is another physical activity that keeps our body fit. One can also do morning cycling or running for at least an hour. This helps in toning and building of muscles. People avoid exercising which is the main reason for health problems and weight gain. Brisk walk for at least thirty minutes is the best physical exercise one can do that is not even exhausting.
Also read: How to lose 30 pounds faster
Burn calories for a better living!
A body is something which represents an overall personality. The body should be toned and presentable. When man becomes obese, he starts finding himself inferior as compared to others. Losing weight is a time bearing process that requires healthy dietary intake and regular physical workout. Diet plays a major role in one’s life. It should be healthy providing all suffice nutrients and minerals essential for the body. So, one must have a strict control over eating habits.
Now that you know that losing weight is not such a big issue, you can share this blog with friends who are looking for fad diets. And, also post comments, if any.
Get useful health tips and remedies regularly, on your Facebook feed.
Latest posts by Max Jones (see all)
- Benefits of Fish Oils and Omega-3 Oils Unravelled - October 1, 2018
- Probable Link Between Losing Weight in Childhood and Reduced Risk of Type 2 Diabetes Found - September 26, 2018
- Foods that Help Lower Blood Sugar - September 24, 2018