Incorporating exercise into your daily routine can enhance your sexual performance and allow you to lead a healthy sex life. Exercise can boost sexual capacity, provides stamina, strength, and flexibility.
Relation between exercise and better sex life
Exercise is a great thing to make your body fit, but what about those other benefits that exercise can bring. From improving erectile dysfunction to better sex life, there are other health benefits in which an intense workout of 20 to 40 minutes can help you. The next time when you get ready to hit the gym, keep in mind that your training efforts can also result in a healthy relationship between you and your partner as an additional effect along with other health benefits of exercise.
Exercise not only means maintaining muscle mass and losing fat, but it can also work for you in revitalizing your sex life, a study suggests. According to studies, people with poor physical health are more likely to develop sexual dysfunction as compared to those who involved in a physical workout.
An unhealthy body can have a huge negative impact on sexual function. The more you do to improve your general health the better will be your sex life. Studies have found that a regular intense workout can be effective in lowering impotence risk in men. It has been revealed that men who exercise regularly are less likely to develop sexual dysfunction. While, on the other hand, people with sedentary lifestyle those who do not exercise at all have a great chance of developing sexual problems. An exercise session of 20 to 30 minutes helps in improving erection problems by increasing the flow to the penile region.
The sex life of women can also benefit from regular, vigorous exercise. An intense workout of 20-30 minutes can enhance sexual function in women by increasing blood flow in genital areas.
More information about exercise and better sex life
Exercise increases sexual potency by strengthening the cardiovascular system and improving blood circulation. Sexual function is all about good blood circulation. There are factors that can affect the flow of blood. Such factors include smoking, heavy alcohol consumption, and obesity. However, quitting smoking, limiting alcohol intake, and reducing weight are not alone able to improve sexual health the way exercise did.
However, an individual should not engage in a heavy exercise session as this can decrease testosterone hormone in men, which leads to a less robust sexual life. Overstraining can hamper your immune system which could have a direct negative effect on your sexual performance.
- Exercise allows blood to flow- A good circulation is necessary to experience genital arousal. Regular exercise not only keeps you healthy but, it also improves circulation, which is useful for sexual function.
- Helps with genital arousal- Exercise is useful in activating the sympathetic nervous system. A study suggests a link between genital arousal and sympathetic nervous system stimulation.
- Helps you calm and relax- Stress can delay sexual arousal. Exercise provides strength and stamina to deal with daily stress in your life. Regular exercise trains your body to manage stress in a more effective way. Stress can cause depression, anxiety, and sleep disorders, which cause lack of energy. Exercise daily to better deal with life stress and experience calmness.
- Balances the sex hormones- A combination of testosterone and estrogen are known to create sexual desire. Exercise is known to boost testosterone levels in the body, which provides power to sexual drive and help you keep going to bed.
- Strengthen the muscle that makes orgasm- Your pelvic muscles contract whenever you have an orgasm. It is important to keep your pelvic muscles strong to maintain continuity of having an orgasm during a sexual drive. Include more of those exercises that target your pelvic muscles in your daily routine. You can add glute bridges, squats to strengthen your pelvic muscles.