Makeup brushes need care for several reasons. Cleaning of eyeliner brush is important to avoid eye infection and allergy. You should have the practice to clean the eyeliner brush properly and timely.
Why is the cleaning and sterilizing of an eyeliner brush important?
- With an eyeliner brush, for the line to be perfect in the intended style. Taking proper care will help to achieve that style quickly, as the brush will not be frayed, dried-up, or even gouged.
- Another reason is hygiene. If you have a long-unused and uncovered brush, which isn’t enclosed in a brush wrapper or just on a cosmetic table, dirt and other external bacteria will settle on it, which will gradually cause a build-up. It is necessary to clean and sterilize the brush, even if you change it with another for every new application.
The key steps to make your eyeliner brush clean and sterilize.
- Just wipe with a makeup brush solution and gently dry several times with a soft handkerchief, cotton cloth, or any cloth that absorbs well. This process should be done until the used fabrics or paper tissue is completely clean after wiping. This way all the dirt will go away, to clean the brush, the best choice is a white colored cloth.
- After that, simply spray the brush with a suitable disinfectant, especially when you are sharing your brush with somebody else. Clean the brush more precisely; it should be done after a few applications, even if only one person uses it, it is necessary to proceed very similarly to washing your hair.
- The other way to clean the eyeliner brush is to keep the water running and hold the brush under the tap for a while. As for the eyeliner brush of water-friendly material, the bristles are submerged in running water, and once completely wet, the selected cleanser is applied, and in gentle swirling movements without the use of force, the brush is perfectly washed in the palm. The brush is never pressed to avoid damage to the bristles, as well as to maintain their essential shape.
- It is ideal to choose a product intended for washing the brush, according to the material from which it is made, or to pick a proven helper, the baby shampoo. As it is gentle, it perfectly foams and thus, does not harm the bristles. Such a shampoo can be applied to clean both natural bristles and artificial fibers. It is essential to know the type of material the brush holder is, in which the bristles set.
- If it is wooden and unpainted, it’s not advisable to soak it, as it may absorb the water and expand, and the bristles will fall out. This doesn’t happen to glass or plastic types.
- Some brushes have bristles pinched into a metal sheet, and there may be corrosion, so in such a case, it is more appropriate to clean only with a cloth soaked in a makeup cleaning solution. This is done by placing the soaked cloth on the brush and letting it work for a while, then remove the cloth and repeat it for as many times as necessary until the bristles are completely clean but are not damaged in any way.
- The next necessary step is to thoroughly rinse all shampoo from the brush so that the bristles do not stick or even sting after drying. There is nothing more unpleasant than dipping a brush in your eyeliner and finding it completely hard. Not only that you won’t be able to apply beautiful makeup, but it can also easily cause an injury. Let’s make sure twice that the bristles are precisely rinsed and clean.
- After removal of the entire applicator and the attachment, dry with a highly absorbent material, ideally cotton wipes, and never rub the bristles against each other to avoid breaking their structure, as it often determines the compliance and easy handling of the brush, therefore, the cleaning should be handled very carefully by placing a napkin on it and gently squeezing it until it is completely dry. It is good to remember that if you have natural bristle material, their shape is fixed when it loses water. It is therefore important to ensure that the form is not damaged in any way. The brush is always dried downwards. Then make sure that there is no bristle anywhere, and we fix this by gently swiping between the fingers and let it dry towards the next application. Before use, sterilization is recommended directly on the makeup brushes for disinfection, which can only be sprayed on the bristles.
Such care of the eyeliner brush will not only ensure sterilization but also easier handling to create the perfect eye line.
Also Read: CAREPROST FOR EYELASH GROWTH