According to WHO reports, about 30% of adults all over the world are affected by a migraine. Nearly 1.7 to 4% experience headaches for 15 or more days per month. The headache disorders are a worldwide issue and are underestimated, under-recognized, and under-treated in a large scale all over the world.
Migraines are pulsating headaches that feels typically on one side of the head that is caused by overstrained blood vessels. In case of a severe migraine, the pain is so intense that it may last for hours to days. Besides a headache, a patient may also suffer from sensitivity to light and sound, diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, stomach pain, or poor concentration. The pain occurs on one side of the head, but in severe cases, it can occur on both side of the head.
If you are suffering from a migraine, the best thing you can do is to visit a health professional, as he/she can prescribe treatment after diagnosing your condition and the underlying causes. After determining your condition, he/she will be able to suggest changes that you need to make in your diet plan as well as what lifestyle modifications you need to make to keep those annoying headaches at bay.
This guide will help you discover the most common do’s and don’ts that even the smart and savvy migraineurs don’t consider if not forewarned. Here is a brief and practical guide for the modern migraine patient that includes some do’s and don’ts. If you follow them, they can have a positive impact on the quality of your life.
Do’s with Migraine
- Diet- Eat a well-balanced diet with healthy meals thrice a day. Note that missing meals or delaying meals is a common trigger for headaches. Moreover, consuming high caloric beverages such as energy drinks, sodas, etc. can also trigger your migraine. Drinking caffeinated beverages frequently is also not recommended.
- Exercise- A healthy lifestyle includes regular exercise and daily physical activity. Include at least 30 minutes of enjoyable activities such as walking, playing sports, swimming, or hiking can be extremely helpful for all those with a migraine.
- Sleep- Proper sleep is necessary for good health and improving headaches. Many people having migraine do not sleep well. It is necessary to visit a health specialist in this condition because as per your condition, you will sometimes to get your sleep problems treated along with your headaches.
- Hydration- Make sure that you drink at least 7 to 8 glasses of water daily. This will help you in keeping migraine headaches away.
- Massage- The best thing you can do to get rid of tension in the muscles is to regular massage your shoulders and neck. A massage session can not only feel you good but can provide you with some great health benefits.
Don’t with a Migraine
- Don’t skip meals- Hunger is a common cause of developing a headache. Your brain is the first organ to feels the drop in your blood sugar level. Therefore it is important to provide your body with the fuel it requires to function daily.
- Don’t overdo exercise- Sometimes too much exercise can trigger a migraine. So it is always better to go for moderate and regular exercise to keep your migraine free.
- Don’t go out in the sun- If you have a migraine, then try going out in use as less as possible. If you need to go, and then make sure you use protective clothes, sunglasses, and umbrella.
- Do not start at your screens- Spending hours in front of your computer or laptop can strain your eyes. Take breaks often; you can also try stretching, eye exercise to get your blood flowing. This helps stops a headache before it begins.
This is for information purpose only; one cannot use it as a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment. It is always important to seek medical advice from your healthcare specialist
Latest posts by Max Jones (see all)
- Natural Male Enhancement (Tadalafil, Vardenafil, Sildenafil) - February 13, 2018
- How Does Sildenafil Work? - February 11, 2018
- Smoking Marijuana can triple your Risk of dying from High Blood Pressure - February 9, 2018