Allergy happens when the human body produces a certain type of protein and immunoglobulin E against usual foreign substances. It is an abnormal and strong reaction of the body to foreign substances. Allergy is also referred to as a disease which occurred due to lifestyle changes, environment pollution, urbanization etc. If any type of allergy troubles you, immediately visit an allergy care center. A specialist will recommend you the right allergy treatment.
Allergies are the hypersensitive response of the immune of the body to the some of the unwanted substance from the environment which may cause the problem to the body. Nowadays, in the polluted environment, there are many seasonal allergies, which may cause the problems to most of the people.
Seasonal allergies are the most common allergies, which are caused due to the overreaction of the immune system to the substance in the environment during the particular season. Some of the common triggers of the allergies are pollen, grass, and mold. Some insect bites and stings, chlorine and wreaths may also cause seasonal allergies. There are various allergy treatments which may include consultation with a doctor and there are some very effective home remedies which you can follow at your home to get rid of allergies.
Some of the Common allergies
- Hay fever- this allergy is caused by the pollens flowing into the environment and this may cause appearance symptoms life sneezing, runny nose, nasal congestion, and itchy and watery eyes.
- Allergy caused by the dust mites- dust mites also trigger allergic reactions and the symptoms are similar to the hay fever.
- Allergy caused by the molds- molds are small pore as pollen and they grow on the damp surfaces such as bathroom floor or basement. The symptoms include sneezing, congestion, itchy and watery eyes, runny nose, and coughing.
- Allergy caused by the insect sting- there are various insects such as bees, fire ants, yellow jackets, hornets and wasps which cause allergic reactions. After a sting from this insect you may suffer pain, swelling, heat and redness around the sting.
- Allergies to latex- some people have a mild or severe allergy to the latex in the gloves, condoms or other things. The symptoms include teary, irritated eyes, runny nose, sneezing and wheezing. Anaphylaxis may also occur in some people.
- Allergies caused by the food allergies- there are some foods, which may produce hypersensitive response from your body and may cause allergy. The allergies caused by the food may be mild or severe. The most common food which may cause an allergy is peanuts. The allergy from the peanuts may produce an anaphylactic The other food items which may produce allergic reaction are eggs, fish, shellfish, nuts, soya beans and wheat. The allergies caused by foods may be life threatening. The symptoms include wheezing, vomiting, trouble breathing, hives, diarrhea and swelling around the mouth.
The best allergy treatment is to determine the allergen which may cause an allergic reaction to the people. The common methods for the diagnosis of allergic reaction are as follows-
- Blood test- it’s a quick and easy test to determine the allergen and then find the proper cure for the treatment and reducing the symptoms of the allergic reaction.
- Skin testing- this test is also known as the prick testing due to the series of tiny punctures or pricks made into the patient’s skin. After the pricking suspected allergens are applied to the pricked skin and they are marked by the pen or dye and then they are kept in under observation, the allergen which produces the symptoms in their respective portions are determined and then the proper allergy treatment procedure is followed.
If any of the seasonal allergies occurs to you then consult your doctor as soon as possible and take proper medicines and prevention. Cetirizine is the best allergy medicine available in the market. But there are some common home remedies which are very effective in soothing the symptoms of seasonal allergies.
- Refreshing Citrus Drink- since many allergies peak in the spring and summer, so the treatment of these allergies you need just a cool, tart, and refreshing drink. This refreshing drink contains vitamin C which sooth down the symptoms and helps in reducing the effects of allergen.
- Red onion water- Red onion, water contain a chemical compound which is used to reduce the amount of histamine produced by the body and hence reduce the symptoms of allergic reaction. Quercetin is a natural antihistamine and hence very effective in the treatments of seasonal allergies.
- Honey- one of the best allergy treatment methods available in every home. Drinking honey in milk or just eating the honey may reduce symptoms such as coughing, sneezing, etc. and may provide relief from the allergic reaction.
The best treatment method is prevention. So if you are allergic to any substances than avoid using it and if you are allergic to pollen, avoid going outside during the winter season or if you are going outside then cover your face while going outside. The best way to avoid allergies is to avoid the allergens. Don’t eat the food that produces an allergic reaction and maintains a healthy lifestyle and do exercise regularly. The healthy lifestyle will boost your immune system and will give you strength to fight against the allergies.
Latest posts by Max Jones (see all)
- Is Your Eyelash Serum Causing Any Long Lasting Damage? - December 11, 2018
- Know If Exercise Can Cure a Migraine - November 21, 2018
- Few Myths and Facts about Hair Loss! - November 16, 2018