Fruits and vegetables are an important component of healthy eating. Most of us are aware of amazing banana benefits. Create a healthy diet to lose weight by adding more healthy fruits like bananas.
There are numerous benefits to eating healthy foods. A well-balanced diet provides all the required energy to keep you active throughout the day. Eating healthy can help you to maintain a healthy weight. Fruits come under the category of healthy foods to lose weight. Incorporating whole fruits into your diet will help you feel full, reduce your calorie intake, and increase your chances of weight loss.
Banana is a nutritious fruit and an easy option to control hunger. Bananas are loaded with several health benefits and are extremely delicious. They contain many essential nutrients, improving heart health, digestion, and weight loss. It is a very convenient food snack with 3 Es advantages – Easy to carry, Easy to eat, and Easy to digest. Many people consider bananas for weight loss, and some consider it a weight gain program. Eating bananas, good or bad for weight loss or weight gain, varies based on the technique you eat.
How Many Bananas Should You Eat?
Balance and variety are the hallmarks of a healthy diet chart.
Although bananas are good for you, they are a healthy, nutritious snack, and eating too much could be detrimental. Bananas also contain various plant compounds that may help reduce stress, chronic disease, or inflammation.
The WHO (World Health Organization) also recommends eating at least five servings of vegetables and fruits daily to stay healthy. Adding a banana to your daily diet is a great way to boost your whole fruit intake and step forward to promote your overall health.
Keep on reading to know the science-based benefits of eating bananas. Banana is one of the world’s most incredibly popular fruit; they contain many amazing yet important nutrients and other related facts. Some of them are:
Banana contains a good amount of fiber along with several anti-oxidants. One medium size approx. 18-120 grams of bananas boosts the recommended dietary intake of:
- Calories – 105
- Vitamin B – 33%
- Manganese -14%
- Vitamin C – 11%
- Copper -10%
- Potassium – 9%
- Magnesium – 8%
- Fiber – 1 grams
- Net carbs – 24 grams
- Protein –3 grams
- Fat – 4 grams
The color, size, and shape of the bananas vary according to the weather and climate of a particular country. The banana commonly looks Green in color when unripe and becomes light yellow as it matures. Each banana carries about 105 calories and contains potential carbs. Bananas hold very little protein and almost no fat.
The unripe (green) bananas consist mostly of starch, but as soon as it ripens, the starch turns into glucose (sugar).
What happens to your body if you eat 1 Banana daily?
One medium-sized (approx. 18-120 grams) banana gives immense health benefits, some of them are:
- Normalize arterial pressure – Reduces high blood pressure.
- Reduces excess weight – Being rich in fiber, banana keeps your tummy full for long as it contains starch, which reduces the appetite and helps you in weight loss.
- Reduces the risk of anemia – Anaemia causes tiredness, paleness, and breathing issues. It happens when you have a low level of haemoglobin in the blood. Bananas contain a lot of iron elements, which stimulate the production of red blood cells. Bananas also contain vitamin B6, which regulates blood glucose levels and fights anemia.
- Improves digestion – Bananas are easy to digestive good
- Reduces stress level – Banana contains tryptophan (an amino acid) required by our bodies to receive happiness hormone; therefore, bananas freshen up your mood.
- Loaded with vitamin B6 – One banana contains approximately 20% of your daily requirement of vitamin B6. This helps your body produce haemoglobin, tryptophan, and natural insulin for creating healthy cells.
- Increases energy level – Bananas contain a good amount of potassium, which protects your muscles from cramps, while the carbs provide enough energy to perform heavy workouts.
Are Bananas Good or Bad?
Eating anything in access only the causes of bad things than good. Banana is a healthy addition to almost any diet. This means it too can added to a diet to lose weight. But eating too much of it can lead to health complications or nutrient deficiencies.
Generally, bananas are not considered high-calorie food; however, if your banana causes you to eat more than your body needs, it could lead to unhealthy weight gain, especially when you may consider banana for weight loss. Eating too many bananas may also lead to weight gain, poor blood sugar control, and nutrient deficiencies.
The benefits of bananas are not hidden, but at the same time, your body has a complex digestive system that requires many nutrients for proper body function. The best way to ensure that you feed your body as much as it needs is to eat an assortment of foods from each food group.
There is no specific number that makes bananas good for you or bad. It depends on individual unique calorie and nutrient needs. One can eat as many bananas as he or she wants as long as you are not over-consuming calories. According to doctors, 1 to 3 bananas a day is a moderate intake for most healthy people. So, your healthy meals for weight loss can include bananas. There are a variety of healthy banana recipes that you can have in meals.
Don’t forget to include a variety of other nutrients like dense vegetables, fruits, lean proteins, and healthy fats in your daily diet.