Everybody senses nervousness now and then. This is very normal, many people feel anxious when faced with a problem at work, before taking a test or making a crucial decision. But with anxiety treatment, many people can resist those feelings and get back to an accomplished life.
Anxiety disorders vary, though. But, it can lead to such perplexity that it hinders the ability to undergo an ordinary life. The specific reason is unrecognized but some disorders like mental illness are not due to personal weakness. As a result of consistent research on it, one thing is apparent that these disorders are originated due to many factors, including changes in the brain and environmental stress.
Popular symptoms of anxiety disorder include feelings of panic, fear, uneasiness, sleeping problems, cold or sweaty hands or feet, shortness of breath, heart palpitations, nausea, muscle tension, dizziness. If anxiety syndromes are there, the doctor will initiate an analysis by interrogating about your medical history and carrying out a physical exam.
Types of Anxiety Disorders
There are several kinds of anxiety disorder that are needed to be understood. The list includes:
- Panic Disorder– Its symptoms are sweating, chest pain, palpitations and a feeling of choke. It makes you feel like having a heart attack or going crazy. People with this disorder have feelings of terror that strike suddenly and repeatedly with no warning.
- Social Anxiety Disorder– It is also known as social phobia. It involves overwhelming worry and self-consciousness about routine social situations. The fear is of being criticized by others or behaving in an embarrassing way leading to mockery. The level of fear is most improper to the circumstance and may cause you to escape usual everyday events.
Natural Remedies for Anxiety Treatment
There are many natural steps for dealing with anxiety, from mind-body techniques to supplements to calming teas. Some of the remedies are mentioned below:
- Chamomile– Jittery moments can be calmed with a cup of chamomile tea. It can also be consumed as a supplement, typically standardized to consist 1.2% apigenin, along with dried chamomile flowers.
- L-theanine (green tea)– It helps to control a rising heart rate and blood pressure, also, it reduces anxiety.
- Hops– The sedative compound in hops is a volatile oil, so you get it in extracts. It is often used to promote sleep, with another herb, valerian.
- Valerian– It is a sleep aid, insomnia. It smells kind of nasty, so it is to be taken as a capsule or tincture, rather than tea. It is generally combined with other sedative herbs such as hops, chamomile or lemon balm.
- Lemon Balm– It is used to reduce stress and anxiety, and also helps with sleep. Although, it is safe, but taking too much can really make you restless. It is sold as a tea, capsule, and tincture. It is usually combined with other calming herbs like hops, chamomile, and valerian.
- Exercise– It is safe, good for the brain and a persuasive countermeasure to depression and anxiety. Regular exercise will keep you fit which is one of the leading ground of worry.
- Passion Flower– It is for nervous restlessness and can also deal with symptoms of anxiety effectively. Be attentive as this herb should not be used for longer than one month at a time.
- Hold your breath– Yoga breath is effective in lowering stress and anxiety.
- Avoid Starvation– Food deprivation increases anxiety and irritation. The best thing to combat is to have a quick sustaining snack. Also, never starve for breakfast, else it will add on to anxiety side by side.
- Try Omega-3s– Fish oils are beneficial for the heart and also look after the depression, making Omega-3s a recommended tool to deal with anxiety.
- Cut off Catastrophizing– It takes anxiety to a horrible and unbearable state. Instead of catastrophizing, take a few deep breaths and walk around the block.
- Heat Up– Sensations of warmth may alter neural circuits that control mood. Steam bath, sun bath, spa or even a cozy cup of tea helps in boosting up the strained
- Forest Walk– The forest bathers have lower stress hormone level after their walk. Walk in the beautiful woods with the woodsy smell and the sounds of a running stream reduces anxiety.
- Meditation– It is effective in anxiety treatment. Practicing mindful meditation makes one experience the true essence of each moment, rather than expecting fear.
Anxiety Medical Treatment
- Antidepressant medication- It is designed to regularize the imbalance of chemical message between nerve cells in the brain.
Benzodiazepines- It promotes relaxation and also reduces tension, but should not be used for long term as it can reduce alertness, affect coordination and can be addictive.
Latest posts by Max Jones (see all)
- 7 Ways to Treat Acid Reflux - October 16, 2017
- 5 Ways to Diagnose a Food Allergy - October 11, 2017
- 4 Acid Reflux Medications: Which One Is Best For You? - October 6, 2017