Everyone knows that smoking is injurious to health, smoking causes a load of health issues, including bad teeth, yellowing of nails, and a host of other physical complications. Smoking is the reason for a lot of health problems, but can it contribute to hair fall? Usually the answer is yes! Smoking can contribute to hair loss, but it is not one of the major causes.
It is important to understand how harmful impact the tobacco leaves on your skin and body. The chemicals and tobacco present in the cigarette contribute to premature greying and hair loss. Your heart and lungs surely undergo a weird force when you use inhale tobacco smoke down from your throat. Smoking doesn’t how much you pursue an elaborate skincare routine, or you are following a healthy lifestyle every day, your smoking habit can ruin it all.
Let’s understand here how smoking habit can cause a hair fall?
According to a number of scientific studies, it has proved that smoke is a major cause of hair fall in several surprising ways. Especially a chain-smoking accelerate hair loss and premature graying. The toxins present in smoke can harm hair follicles and damage hormones which in turns can affect the hair health.
Cigarette can contribute to thinning of hair and even hair loss in the following ways:
- The Toxins in smoke cause damage to DNA of the hair follicles.
- Smoke pollutes the blood which can take a toll on your blood circulation, shrink blood vessels and prevent blood flow to the extremities of your body, including the scalp. When your hair follicles do not receive enough blood, the hair growth cycle is interrupted. This interruption may lead to noticeable hair loss.
- The toxins in smoke can cause hormonal imbalance, which is essential for regulating hair growth cycle.
- Cigarette smoke can damage your immune system, which can contribute to hair fall. A weakened immune system may make you prone to fungal and bacterial infections of the scalp, preventing hair follicles from producing healthy hair.
- It is not just inhaling toxins in cigarette smoke that can damage hair follicles. If you smoke on a regular basis in your house, or car, you could be polluting your place. Polluted air can worsen genetic hair loss.
One can experience a wide range of physical and mental benefits of quitting smoking. Hair fall can also be reversed by simply giving up cigarettes.