In the hustle-bustle of business meetings, shopping trips and parties, it becomes extremely important to keep your body hydrated throughout the day. More than half of the body mass is made up of water. So, it becomes important for a man to remain hydrated. If body is hydrated, then the heart is able to pump blood through blood vessels to the muscles and also remove waste from the body. On the other hand, dehydration can lead to problems of swollen feet, headache and heat strokes. The amount of water our body needs depends on the exercise intensity and climatic conditions. Also, for certain medical problems like diabetes or heart diseases, drinking 8-10 glasses of water is extremely important. To remain hydrated, is really important for good health.
In the craze of adopting the organic lifestyle, it is crucial to include healthy drinks in our diet as well.
Top five beverages for the healthy body
Water is the healthiest beverage. It helps in digestion and also speeds up the removal of waste matter from the body. It not only keeps the body hydrated, but also is good for hair, skin and overall health. Water us ab instant cure for headaches, dizziness and other physical ailments. It helps in lubricating our joints and protects the spinal cord, brain and other important tissues. It helps to maintain a normal body temperature and also keeps our mouth moist by washing away all dirt and germs.
Certain healthy fruit juices also help keep the body hydrated at all times. Juices are the best and finest way to get all nutrients in the form of raw fruits and vegetables. When we cook, boil or fry food, all essentials vitamins and minerals are usually lost. Fresh juices are easily digested in the body and never cause any problems to the digestive system. To get relief from abdominal problems, one can have Prune juice which is a good source of vitamin C, calcium, iron and minerals. It helps in the removal of body waste through intestines because of its high insoluble fiber content. Intake of juice along with lean proteins and carbohydrates increases body metabolism.
- Juices are also preferred to remove UTI- Urinary Tract Infections. The infections occur in bladder, kidney or in the prostate. Cranberry juice is the best detox drink that contains pro-anthocyanidins which is effective in preventing bacteria from sticking to the walls of the bladder. It prevents the growth of bacteria and gets flushed out through urination. Cranberry juice is only used as a preventive measure and is not really effective once the patient gets the infection. It may help in preventing recurring urinary tract infections in middle aged and pregnant woman.
- Drinking orange juice after high fat meals like butter, rendered animal fat, processed meat like sausage and double cheese burger helps to neutralize inflammatory reactions of these meals. These reactions possibly may lead to resistance of insulin due to which diabetes type 2 occurs. Having orange juice with high carbohydrate and high-fat meals also helps to prevent inflammation. Orange contains vitamin C and A, nutrients and minerals which are good for the growth and development of the body. Hence orange juice is a good and an effective healthy drink, providing overall health benefits.
3. Green Tea
- Green tea contains an antioxidant named catechins which enhances the ability of the body to burn fat. It is helpful as a weight loss technique. Having tea reduces the risk of getting heart attacks and provides protection against several cardiovascular and degenerative problems. When a man faces any type of cancer like breast, skin, lung, stomach and small intestine he is advised to have green tea because its rich extracts may provide prevention against these diseases.
- Tea is a detox drink used for body hydration. Having green tea before going out in sun may work as a shield, offering protection from harmful ultra violet rays
In a study conducted in the United States, coffee provides more antioxidants to Americans than fruits or vegetables. Having 2-3 cups of coffee reduces the risk of getting Dementia and Alzheimer diseases. Intake of coffee prevents damage to brain cells.
People who have diabetes they could make coffee part of their daily routine because coffee boosts sex hormone binding globulin which is helpful in regulating hormonal activity of testosterone and estrogen, the hormones which play a major role in developing type2 diabetes.
5. Fruit Juices
Apart from the above written beverages, these days detox drinks are widely consumed as it aids cleansing of our system. Detoxification works as a type of medicine that largely helps to prevent withdrawal symptoms when we stop alcohol consumption.
Also Read: 6 Ways to Make Water Tasty
6. Fresh veggies juice
Having vegetables in their natural form doesn’t sound too appealing? Why not prepare a yummy kale and cucumber shake? There are many benefits to sipping on freshly juiced vegetables. Vegetables like carrots, cucumber, celery and dark leafy greens are packed with vitamins and minerals. These juices help reduce inflammation, regulate bowel movement, and can even help cut down on those extra calories.
Some common healthy detox drinks recipes
Cranberry juice is the best detox drink to flush out toxins from the body. One can make his own detox drink adding on flavors of his choice. Lemon juice is good for stimulating and regulating digestive track. Watermelon contains organic compound Citrulline which is good for flushing out toxins and helps liver and kidneys to get rid of ammonia. Whereas mint leaves when added in a drink have refreshing flavor and taste. It also helps in improving cramped stomach muscles. Pomegranate juice is a yummy and healthy fruit juice, without the added sugar and preservatives. The presence of ruby nectar helps prevent inflammation, heart disease, lung cancer and prostate cancer as it is packed with antioxidants. So, why not incorporate a glass a day in your morning meal!
Related Article: Watermelon: A Healthy Summer Fruit
A healthy recipe you can follow:
- Take piece of watermelon, lemon and some mint leaves.
- Cut watermelon into pieces and lemon into wedges.
- Put mint leaves and slice of watermelon and lemon in a jug containing 2-3 liters of cold water.
- This is one the healthy recipe that not only provides energy and freshness but also helps to remove toxins from the body. One may also substitute watermelon in place of cucumber, depending on the taste.
Drinking water and fruit juices is essential in keeping the body hydrated. Make sure you drink atleast 8-10 glasses of water. You can make your own healthy smoothies with fresh fruits and vegetables to keep your body fit and disease-free.
Knowing how important it is to keep yourself hydrated the whole day, you should definitely share this article with your friends! Also, post comments in case you have any health-related queries.
Also Read: Amazing health benefits of Cinnamon
Get useful health tips and remedies regularly, on your Facebook feed.
Latest posts by Max Jones (see all)
- Immunotherapy for Cancer: A Novel Approach - December 8, 2017
- Eating for Two Often May Not Mean a Healthier Diet - December 4, 2017
- Sauna Lowers Your Blood Pressure - November 24, 2017